Far Cry best graphics founmd in a game plus great gameplay!

TheEAR

Just installed Far Cry,well some 48 hours ago.And I am close to finishing the game,one thing this gme has is amazing level design,and graphics to die for.Plus the levels and gameplay is great,and the atmosphere in the game is forst rate,if you have a true high quality sound card and sourround speakers you will have real positional audio that rivals Call of Duty!

Overall a solid 9/10

But those with cheapo POS machines beware,yto really enjoy the game at high rez and all detail MAXED out you need at least a 3GHz P4/AMD Athlon 3200+ CPU with 1GB of RAM and at least a FX5950 or 9800PRO video card.

On my P4 3.4GHz running at a shadow over 4GHz with 2GB of top shelf Corsair with my Sapphire 9800XT Ultimate card its all smooth at 1024*768 all maxed out at all times. HE HE Maxtor's latest 74GB 15K drive helps too. 9.gif

Now bring on half Life 2 and Doom 3.Let me max all detail out

Agreed! Far Cry is one of the best games in a long time. The only big let down is finishing the game because that means no more Far Cry.9.gif Can't wait for the mods.

I've been playing a lot of new games lately

PC

UT 2004 (big let down)

Rainbow Six 3 Athena Sword

Vietcong Fist Alpha

Battlefield Vietcong

Black Hawk Down Team Sabre

XBox

Mx Unleashed

Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow

The Suffering

James Bond 007: Everything or Nothing

All good games except Unreal Tournament 2004, feels like the same old thing even with the vehicles. Waiting for Half Life 2, Doom 3, Joint Operations: Typhoon Rising, Painkiller and Halo 2.

Yes UT2004 is a UT2003 with...more levels.Still many great looking levels.The next UT will sport an amazing core with graphics to make Far Cry look like a thing from the past.lets hope its true

Well I am ready for half Life 2 and Doom 3...as soon as the new ATI and Nvidia come out..I will grab these.1.gif

Those with slow poke PC's will have to upgrade or will be left in the dust playing at slide show framerates. He he good for sales

i played far cry... no biggie... waste of my time IMHO. before flaming me, im sure its a good game, but just not for me. AI is stupid and the graphics, well graphics only amaze me for so long.

IMO, painkiller is the game i want.. until doom3 and hl2 comes out. oh, i should pick up a copy of ut2004 soon.

Painkiller gameplay is KILL THE SAME dumb monsters(zombies of various shapes and sizes)over and over and over to reach a huge and easy to kill boss a la Nintendo.

BORING BORING

And Painkiller runns well on a lowly GF4 Ti card,on any FX5950 and 9800PRO its no big deal even at very high rez...did I say the game is repetitive and dumb? You run across a set path(feels colsed)and kill some dumb soul less,brainless IQ less monsters.

The AI in Far cry makes Painkiller AI look like a roach.

Far Cry is miles above Painkiller in overall product quality.And again,the dumb monsters just stay so you can buldoze them all.This is great AI?!

• 2 weeks later...

I am getting a GeForce 6800 Ultra the MOMENT it hits any supplier 9.gif This card is ehavy duty,a monster in any aspect it whipes the floor with ATI 9800 or 9800XT no matter how overclocked.

And when ATI's X800 XT monster shows up its mine too.Oh yeah baby who better? 16.gif

Bring on Doom 3 so all slow poke computer owners are forced to upgrade or be left in the dust. 10.gif

brag brag

• 4 weeks later...

----------------

On 4/18/2004 2:26:46 AM pinipig523 wrote:

im done with this upgraditis... atleast for my pc. cant take all these $500 hits!

----------------

Same here. I got tired of dropping cash on my PC everytime something new came out. Spending money on upkeep of the house and cars is bad enough. Don't have any money left for the upkeep of the PC's.

That being said, this four year old Athlon 1.33ghz machine w/GeForce III card is due for a complete upgrade. When I finally get around to it, I'll probably get the most bleeding edge that I can find (that I can also afford).

i finished FarCry about a month ago. SP is fun, online MP sucks compared to id games. I will be upgrading to AMD64 and GF6800Ultra in the near future, it's already been over a year so my system is outdated.3.gif

MAXTOR aka QUANTUM 74GB 15K SCSI. Hope you enjoy it when it fails. Quantum SCSI HDs are about as bad as the IBM's were.12.gif

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

"MAXTOR aka QUANTUM 74GB 15K SCSI. Hope you enjoy it when it fails. Quantum SCSI HDs are about as bad as the IBM's were."

You have no idea what you are talking about,go back to the abyss you came from.Quantum's SCSI drives are rock solid,the only more durable SCSI drives are from Seagate.

I've seen more MAXTOR/QUANTUM hard drives fail than most people have even seen hard drives period.

and as for SEAGATE, they are the best 9.gif

Hitachi Deskstar aka IBM Deskstar thoes are just as bad as the Maxtor/Quantum crap

• 2 weeks later...

Nice system Ear.

I am on a lowly P4 2.8@3.4Ghz, with only 1GB of RAM, and a trio of Western Digital Special Edition HDDs in RAID 0, topped off with a happy little Sapphire 9800Pro @ XT speed. A little bit slower than yours, but no slouch : )

But what monitor are you running it on. I have a sweet NEC 19" LCD... pretty hehe

Btw: hope you're playing Call of Duty. Best multiplayer FPS ever. I don't get much time to play, but if you see me on the server, run : )