HONKIN' ON BOBO

NOSValves

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Picked up the CD yesterday and spun in on my CD player and what will become my Dad's Fisher 400, hooked up to the K-horns. Sounded really good. My wife said "That's Steve Tyler, but it sure doesn't sound like Aerosmith." Good album and will listen again tonight.

I placed my order today for the LP and borrowed a promo CD to check it out.

Put the CD in when I got home tonight and I'd say this thing has been maximized big time! That is not something you normally equate with analog mastering so I'm starting to wonder. By the third song things tone back down a little. But I'd still bet is 10+ dbs louder than some of my more treasured CD's.

Based on the first song I'd say it's probably one of my louder CD's, right up there with Queens of the Stone Age which I can't stand to listen to because of it's maximization and compression.

I certainly hope the LP has better sound than this.

• 2 weeks later...

Definitely KILLER summertime blues music, very timely. Just got back from NYC and the posters with the babette w/ harmonica tucked into belt were everywhere! Reminders of Steven Tyler singing Star Spangled Banner at beginning of Indy 500 a few years back- he REALLY butchered it. Great public outcry against using any rockers ever again for race festivities.

LOL

Got my copy (CD) this week. Reminds me of the Dinosaur Barbecue my old stompin' grounds up in Syracuse before I moved south.

Better than most of Aerosmith's CDs with respect to fidelity. Sounds best on my Las / 222 system.

Highly recommended.10.gif

I've never been a big fan of Aerosmith's music, but I have nothing against 'em (look how long they've been around, and they're still rockin'...that says alot)! But this new album...is it new songs they wrote in the blues style, or did they redo classic blues songs from other composers? Is their blues-style performance true to the form?

Guitar Center is sponsoring an online Honkin' on Bobo sweepstake where a single winner takes home a signed guitar. But you have to enter to win:

http://www.guitarcenter.com/events/aerosmith/

Cool. I know Robert Plant, Eric Clapton, and Mic Jagger sang with the late Jimmy Rogers on one of his later albums, and it was bluesy-rock (loved it)! Thanks, Craig for bringing up this thread; if it wasn't for you posting this, I probably wouldn't have bothered to even look this album up.2.gif