Who will be buying the new NV40/R420?

TheEAR

Well I am getting both as soon as they hit the market,just to replace my aging FX5950Ultra and 9800XT Ultimate Edition.

WOOHOO

Bring on all the benchmarks,two more to add to my collection of video cards.1.gif

Come on people this section is in a state of compost

Sorry I do not sell,I collect video cards.2.gif

Its fun to travel on the upgrade lane,now I am waiting for the newest Athlon 64 on the new socket and dual channel memory,the 3800+ should be capable of staggering performance when overclocked and used with the upcoming video monsters.

I will only buy a new board when PCI Express is out full steam,to fit the R423 XT version card,just imagine Doom 3 at 1280*1024 all detail maxed.BRRRRRR scary

Far Cry looks impressive as it is,Doom 3 should reach for the stars in the light effects departament and complexity.I have a feeling Half Life 2 will be a better Far Cry(and Far Cry is damn good both graphis wise and gameplay).

• 3 weeks later...

I'll wait for the R420 to see which is best before I purchase. I've seen some screen shots with the 6800 compared to the 9800 and thought it runs much better frame rates I was not impressed with the over all quality. The 9800 was better in this department but I'm sure Nvidia will sort it out. Here's the link to the shots so you can see for yourself

http://www.tomshardware.com/graphic/20040414/geforce_6800-46.html

pinipig523 just curious what clock speeds you are getting out of a watercooled 9800? I believe the stock speeds are Core 380Mhz and Memory 680Mhz.

pinipig523 - ps 3.0 doesnt work with far cry. its a sham.

... you dont keep up with game news do you? if you did you would know that a week after the 6800 Ultra is released the creator of Far Cry will be relasing a Pixel Shader 3.0 update.

greatly improved visuals and performance.

go watch the nvidia 6800 ultra product launch video at www.nvidia.com its 1 hour and 20 minutes of pure goodness (requires broadband)

it shows many new games in real time on the 6800 ultra hardware, including a sneak peak at the Epic's Unreal 3 engine and pixel shader 3.0 in Far Cry

People I ordered my ATI X800 XT Platinum Edition and am waiting for the spanking ASUS GeForce6800 Ultra Extreme. 9.gif

WOOHOO

My Prometia chilling system should arrive soon too,my P4 3.4GHZ will take a ride on the wild side.Overclocking sub zero style 9.gif

The ATI X800 XT Platinum Edition even at stock speeds is butter smooth up to 1600*1200 ALL DETAIL MAXED OUT in FAR CRY! 6.gif This is another ATI masterpiece

GO ATI!

----------------

On 5/8/2004 1:52:52 PM TheEAR wrote:

People I ordered my ATI X800 XT Platinum Edition and am waiting for the spanking ASUS GeForce6800 Ultra Extreme.
9.gif

WOOHOO

My Prometia chilling system should arrive soon too,my P4 3.4GHZ will take a ride on the wild side.Overclocking sub zero style
9.gif

The ATI X800 XT Platinum Edition even at stock speeds is butter smooth up to 1600*1200 ALL DETAIL MAXED OUT in FAR CRY!
6.gif
This is another ATI masterpiece

GO ATI!

----------------

Ohhhh, ahhhh! Want me to send you a doggy biscuit? 11.gif. No seriously, it may be time for me to finally get around to upgrading this creaky old Athlon 1.33ghz with GeForce III card and 512megs of PC2100 DDR RAM. And to think, when I built this system in the spring 2000, it was the cutting edge! One of the first systems with DDR RAM and the fastest processor and video card available at the time! But hey, four years later, it is still capable of playing most of the current games at good detail (although on some the newest ones, it does start to choke when the detail is cranked up to max).