cornwall woofer

richieb

Picking up 1976 WO Cornwalls this weekend, finally. Stepping up from Forte. Question - on the attached photo you can see a small area of discoloration on the woofer. Is this something of concern. The seller has been very upfront but has not had time to answer my question as to what this may be. Could it be a natural occurence over the years. Photo of the other speaker looks perfect. Any suggestions?

Rich

post-14575-13819253986592_thumb.jpg

My daughter went to the F-1 race in Indy the year before last, said it was AWESOME!!

I go to the lowley NASCAR Cup races in New Hampshire every year. Again the sights, the sounds, the smell of 43 finely tuned sweet gas engines, and a little rubber!! Not as crowded as Indy "only" 104,000 seats.

Rick

My center channel Cornwall woofer is flawless, but the sister speaker has a discolored area. In blind listening tests, there is absolutely no difference between the two speakers. If there are no other physical differences (such as surface finish or surface geometry), you will probably hear no difference.