OT - Any car audio fanatics in here? Help!

Beggohbee

i'm trying to put together a complete system for my car.... looking to spend ~$800 for speakers/amp/headunit. here's what i have in mind right now, any suggestions would be helpful though!

headunit:

Pioneer DEH-7200

front 6.5"

Nakamichi nrs-650 components

rear 6x9"

Inifinity Kappa 3-way

amplifier

rockford fosgate 400a4 (50x4)

planet audio p475 (75x4)

can anyone give me any feedback on the planet audio?? i hear it's really good.... but fosgate has such a good reputation! i dunno.... any advice would help, thanks!

A couple things, keep in mind an install does cost money, so you may want adjust your budget accordingly. For interior speakers i recommend MB quart, i have the kappas in my car currently. Also, never buy anything from circuit city etc.. look in the back of car audio mags and order from there or search the net using www.mobileaudio.com.

Also, if you can afford it, i would highly recoomdng JL audio subwoofers. Some also come in a box specifically designed for the sub, which will save on install costs.

I hope this helps a little smile.gif

Impala SS

Go to Crutchfield.com

I think this is the BEST website for car audio system components..

They also include self installation guide for free, and sometimes needed tools and converters..

Strongly recommended.. I got CD player from there and installed it by myself.. (but installing Dash Audio is the easiest one.. i bet installing speakers and others are much harder..)

KP: and Beggohbee: Just so you know, crutchfield is good for information, and research, but do not buy anything from them, they are highly overpriced. If you decide on a final system, let me know, ill help you find the best deals through notable dealers.

Now to answer your questions, yes i have the 6 X 9 kappas in the rear deck of my impala, and the plates up front. Let me tell you, they produce incredible sound, but the low end frequences are lacking. Believe me, you should strongly consider, if not getting a Sub, to get some extra reinforcement for the low end frequencies. Keep in mind, if you do get a sub, you can supply less gain to it through the amp, and it wont give you a headache. The best thing to do for your system, is to go to infinity's website and check on the proper power rating for the kappas. If you want me to help you out, no prob. Then, keep in mind, your head unit will also supply power, check and see what it is, because then u may be able to get away with powering the front speakers through the head unit and then power the rears through the amplifier. More than likely, the power supplied by the headunit will be sufficient for the front speakers, and a fosgate 2 channel amp will do you well to power just the rear speakers. My best opinion, stick with one company front and rear, try and find people who have the kappas and the MB Quart and listen to them. I personally like the MB quart sound a lot more, and when i redo my system, i plan on getting MB Quarts, but thats all dynamic based on your listening tastes. Also, dont completely shut out the idea for a subwoofer, listen to the kappas, or whatever you decide to place into your system, and if more low end is needed, buy a sub. Again, i recommend JL, but since you arent looking for car shaking bass, you can choose from any quality sub, such as JL, Infinity, Alpine, Kicker, Polk, Fosgate, and Cerwin Vega just to name a few. Keep in mind, you dont have to supply 380 watts to a sub, you can supply half of that, and control the bass the way you want it to sound. Think of a car stereo as a home system also, in that you need the sattellites, but also a sub to accent it.

If you need any help/advice lemme know smile.gif

Take it easy

Impala SS