Hilarious eBay listing

Curmudgeon

I absolutely love the line "Fully guarenteed to not work as it's supposed to, never has. If for some reason this unit does work as it was apparently intended to I will refund your money, minus shipping costs. I usually have pics of my items for sale, and I suppose I could take some of this, I'm just afraid if I get too close to it I might hit it again." Very classy. 9.gif

this is similar to the ryobi ad posted elsewhere.

maybe we are seeing a new trend in truth-in-advertising...

what could be next:

Bose:

hey-our speakers are R E A L L Y small,and sound really BAD,so pay W A Y too much for them,because we want you to-and so does your wife.(apologies to the ladies who know better)3.gif

avman.1.gif

----------------

On 4/23/2004 10:22:31 AM avman wrote:

this is similar to the ryobi ad posted elsewhere.

maybe we are seeing a new trend in truth-in-advertising...

what could be next:

Bose:

hey-our speakers are R E A L L Y small,and sound really BAD,so pay W A Y too much for them,because we want you to-and so does your wife.(apologies to the ladies who know better)
3.gif

avman.
1.gif

----------------

Didn't somebody post an eBay auction a year or two ago that actually said something like that? If memory serves me right, the guy was trying to get rid of a LifeStyle 30 or simliar. The auction ended with a $900 winning bid!

EDIT: I found the thread in the general questions section of this forum, but the item listing is no longer valid on eBay.

----------------

On 4/23/2004 10:48:22 AM Ray Garrison wrote:

is still the all time favorite on my list. His opening line: "Jensen built over 6000 Interceptors, continually developing and debugging the model for nearly ten years until it almost wasn't horrible. Alas, this is an extremely early example, so it's horrible in every conceivable way..."

----------------

Ray,

That's great!!!

Even as it is, this British-built version was apparently made from an alloy of salt, wet newspapers, and tuna cans.

LMAO!