Sealed or vented box with SHIVA for music?

lorcoll

I am starting to build my powered sub with the Adire Shiva.

Do you can tell me the best choice among sealed or vented box?

I have a Shiva woofer, a 250 Watt Plate amp and I haven't space problem.

I'll use it only for music (I have Khorn and Heresy).

Thanks.

Normally, we would say go sealed if you are a "music man". BUT... ported subs are more efficients and good designed vented subs can bring to you as much quality as with sealed boxes. If space isnt a problem, I would recommand an EBS ported enclosure: 143 liters box tuned to 18 Hz with a single 4" flared port (if it was me I'd use two 3" flared ports but one 4" is still enough) and you should be in buisness. 1.gif

• Moderators

I used a shiva and a ava250 amp whith the same 142.5 liter box Fire Pinch explaned but with 4" vent 12" long ,and it sounds good with music to me but i dont have korns or hersey just measley sb3's.

----------------

On 4/23/2004 7:25:40 PM lorcoll wrote:

I am starting to build my powered sub with the Adire Shiva.

Do you can tell me the best choice among sealed or vented box?

I have a Shiva woofer, a 250 Watt Plate amp and I haven't space problem.

I'll use it only for music (I have Khorn and Heresy).

Thanks.

----------------

OHHH! And I forgot to see that you have the KHorns! Hmm... I think that a single Shiva wont do justice with those Klipschs. For JUST $25 more than the Shiva, just that, you can have a woofer which can move 60% more air: Adire Audio Tempest. I highly suggest this woofer to you, as you said that space isnt a problem. An EBS vented Tempest would look like huge, but you would be amazed for sure at how much bass you could have from this monster for so little dollars. According to some people, the Tempest = an SVS Ultra! 1.gif

By the way, you will keep the same amp with the Tempest too... you will get more SPL with the same amp power because the woofer is simply more sensitive. I have a Tempest and a Tumult in my room and I can say that the Tempest is amazing for the $$$. I even had some tears to my eyes when I first listened to it!! 6.gif3.gif Oh and by the way, my Tempest is for sell. It is on my room, but I dont use it...

Fire Pinch,

you say you want to sell your Tempest Sub.

Is it the EBS vented (whats the dimensions)?

I live in Italy and I think it is too expensive, but even if I purchase the single units I have to pay the shipping costs.

Do you can tell me your price + shipping to Italy?

You can answer by e-mail.