1 week old RF-3s for sale

NT2

Hi all, I recently bought a pair of RF-3s about a week ago, yesterday I went to my audio dealer in order to buy an HDTV and had the chance to audition the RF-7s; I would like to upgrade, but unfortunately, I cannot return these since I no longer have the boxes.

If anyone near Palm Beach, Florida, is interested, I am selling them for U.S.$500.00 o.b.o.

My email is njt@gate.net.

What the hell kind of dealer are you going to?!? You spent that amount of money a week ago and they won't let you spend double for the RF-7. Jesus we can order brand new boxes from Klipsch for $50. The dealer can probably get it for less. You also want to buy an HDTV...how much? Probably over $2000. I think you should seriously consider finding a new dealer!!!!! I would voice this to management. If they don't want to listen, speak to the District Manager. If that doesn't work, talk to the vice president of the region. Seriously, this is very, very POOOOOORRRR customer service. Those RF-3 boxes are very big. They have to understand that not all people have the room to store very large EMPTY boxes. DON'T LOSE MONEY...FIGHT YOUR WAY THROUGH THIS. Did you pay with a credit card? If so fight the charge. You are not being treated fairly. You should get at least a prorated return amount. DO NOT BUY THAT TV UNTIL THEY AGREE TO TAKE BACK THOSE RF-3s!!!! YOU HAVE THE UPPER HAND HERE!!!

Does everyone else agree?

------------------

Sony Trinitron 27" TV

Yamaha RX-V1000

JVC HR-S3800 Super VHS VCR

Sony DVP-S530D DVD Player

Sony Tape

Sony CDP-CE345 Cd player

RF-3 Main

Monster m1.4 Biwire Cables

RC-3 Center

SS-1 Rear

Well, I spoke again to the dealer, and he said that unfortunately, there was nothing they could do to accept the speakers without the box, since they are big sepakers and can't store them without the box; but because of it, he gave me a good a price on the HDTV.

I guess I will have to either sell them or buy a new box.

You live in Palm Beach county?

Hi neighbor to the north. Isn't one of the largest Klipsch dealers here Sound Advice? If you bought it there they take speakers back for a year after you bought them and give you full value paid for an upgrade. If you did buy at sound Advice complain to the corporate headquarters - its just in your back yard.

If you bought somewhere else - I know some students at the University of Miami who may want to buy your speakers. I'll check with them.

Gee, your dealer is a real piece of work. I would shove that HDTV where the sun doesn't shine.

Talk about wierd dealers - since I gave such a nice plug to Sound Advice... I must balance it with my experience just last week. I went in to hear a rf-7 they didn't have one. But the salesman told me he thought Klipsch had only been in business a coupple of years. - He said I should get B&W!

Its tough to find knowledgable salesmen and good dealers.

Agree with you, the store in Plantation has the RF-7 in display for you to audition.

With regards to the trade up, they clearly state that you MUST return them with the box and all packing materials.

I think the box is about $30.00, so I think I will just buy it and return the speakers for the full amount paid $600 plus tax.

The good thing is that they give 60 days.

When dealing with any salesperson, I always try to do as much research about a product before I visit the store, and you will be surprised how much they hate it when you know a bit more than they do.

Oh good, I will have to go check out the plantation store to hear them.

Just a note - A store manager once told me that the manager has flexability to accomidate trade ups without the boxes and even past a year. He did that when I traded in a pair of klipsch speakers I had for 18 months - without the boxes - when I bought a new pair that was twice as much. Gave me all I paid as credit for the new stuf.

Negotiate. Ask nicely. Know you have options to buy elsewhere. If they want your business - and I think they do - they will be reasonable. If not go elsewhere. There are some dealers I won't do business with.

YOU ARE not upgrading. They offer a 60 day satisfaction guarantee. You are not happy; you want to upgrade. Bring them back and make them get the boxes. They can store them without the box. Put them with the clearance and take $50 off. Someone will buy them within a week.

------------------

Sony Trinitron 27" TV

Yamaha RX-V1000

JVC HR-S3800 Super VHS VCR

Sony DVP-S530D DVD Player

Sony TC-WE425 Tape

Sony CDP-CE345 Cd player

RF-3 Main

Monster m1.4 Biwire Cables

RC-3 Center

RS-3 Rear (Just upgraded the SS-1)

NT2,learn to decide what you really want before you buy.Then,after you buy,keep the boxes and packing materials until such time that you know the speakers are working properly and they are the speakers that you want.Of course,I'm sure you've already figured this out.Seems like a cheap lesson to me.One week?Geezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

Keith

TalkToKeitk, I agree with you, this was the price of my mistake, fortunately it was not a steep one.

What happened is I bought the RF-3 before I checked the web site, I never asked the dealer about the new line and the dealer never told me.

However, I managed to buy the boxes and am exchanging 1 pair RF-3, 1 RC-3 and 2 pair RS-3 (all 1 week old) for 1 pair RF-5, 1 RC-7 and 2 pair RS-7 (7.1 system), now if only the RSW-15 would come out soon (1 million dollar question for Klipsch).

The RF-5 is supposed to do better handling male voices (by looking at the crossover point, 2500 vs. 1950), and judging from my audition of the RC-7 compared to the RC-3, the RC-7 rocks. It handles everything you throw at it, and it does not sound as "boxy" as the RC-3 does.

Judging from my comparison of the RC-3 vs. the RC-7, the new 8" drivers handle the mids very well and are more natural sounding than the existing 6.5 drivers (wider bandwidth), if you have the opportunity to audition them, you will find yourself doing a lot of begging to the other half.