Say something complimentary about Forum members here....

arthurs

Just to clarify (and further complicate my made up ailment), it's my butt with the temper not me. I'm quite easy going and mild. But my butt, well that's another story completely. Bar fights, shouting matches at family gatherings, I'm getting upset just thinking about it.

----------------

On 4/30/2004 11:05:38 AM Bill H. wrote:

Tripod,

Hope you realize I meant no harm...............If I insulted you I apologize, most sincerely!.................

----------------

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

----------------

On 4/28/2004 10:22:54 PM justin_tx_16 wrote:

I also am in a fraternity which is fantastic. My roommate is in it (my dorm roommate, my apartment roommates are four girls, yikes!) and the other brothers are really cool.

----------------

Cool! Now, I just hope it wasn't your fraternity that was reponsible for this little incident at U of M - Columbia! 6.gif

Anyway, glad to hear things are looking up for you, plus I bet those Heresys sound good with that old H/K 430 reciever.

to keep it short and sweet:

i have found help and support on this site for audio and video issues, and more important issues than either of those.

hopefully,i have helped y'all as well.

as an only child, 'friends' are VERY important to me.

to all my friends,

thanks,

steve a.k.a. 'avman'1.gif

----------------

On 4/30/2004 11:16:50 PM davmar wrote:

How pedestrian

----------------

Ahhhhh Davmar - Luckily humor is not real picky on it's mode of transportation! Usually, when it comes over the top, in a slow

volley it's most appreciated.

P.S. I miss your creepy clown avatar.

Wow a direct response from clu9.gif that deserves my first smiley face thingy. About the avatar Colin said: I appreciate the guys who put amp pictures up instead of their own ugly mugs! So I thought I'd flash the stingray for awhile, that white paint was beginning to chap my *** anyway. I thought having a manly man moniker might be misunderstood also us Alaskans have no manly issues, and while I still have the talking stickI DIG everyone on the forum.

----------------

On 5/1/2004 10:30:34 AM Maron Horonzak wrote:

What was a cannon doing on University grounds to begin with. The cannon should have been sealed. The school athorities should be held accountable.

----------------

No, not my fraternity. My fraternity, instead of getting wasted that night, was having an executive meeting as we planned our philanthropy called Choppers for Children where we setup a Harley Davidson bike show/contest to raise money for a Children's hospital in St. Louis. Over 25% of Mizzou is Greek and our image has been tarnished recently. The cannon incident is one of many issues, such as forcing people to give blood who coudl be at danger to themselves and others (sorority) and an article in the Greek Chronicle explaning why the black fraternities and sororities should not be connected to the other greeks. Just really crazy here. Kappa Alpha was my first choice fraternity till I found out about their racism. That cannon, it points to teh Black Culture center...

I don't tolerate descrimination. I was harrased by a overweight white collar, caucasion male on my way to the Black Culture Center the other night, apparently who I am prevents him from having rights he should have... not sure what right I have he does not have, or his son who was with him. Scared the crap outta me how he was pushing me down teh sidewalk and yelling out threats. Luckily about 300 people were going into the center and were all witnesses so I did not feel TOO scared.

Trust me, I won't be getting with any of the girls haha. They are all fantastic, well two of them are not all that great... Anyways, the apartment is fantastic as well. Two of the girls, the good ones haha, are turning into an apartment following the design of Satine's room in Moulin Rouge. It is going to be pretty nifty.

Right now I am searching for a DVD/SACD/HDCD player with DTS/DD decoding built in for around $150, I found one from Pioneer, the DV-563A. Know anything about it or any other options? Really I just need a DVD player with DTS/DD decoding built in, but having HDCD or SACD as a bonus is always fun!

Whoa, I'm glad you're ok. Why was this fat dude harrassing you? Was he racist too? It was actually kind of weird to read your post, Justin, cause it's almost like...when I come to this forum I'm in my own little, sheltered Klipsch world...where all that matters is audio, video, and home theater goodies. Kind of a wakeup call to hear the rest of what's going on in each member's life. Craziest thing that happened a couple weeks ago was that not 2 blocks from where I live in downtown LA, a kid 1 year younger than me was shot and killed in a robbery gone-wrong. He went to the exact same high school I did back in Hawaii, was attended USC like me, and lived in the exact same building I do right now. Talk about a reality check.

----------------

On 5/2/2004 6:42:40 PM nicholtl wrote:

Whoa, I'm glad you're ok. Why was this fat dude harrassing you? Was he racist too?

----------------

He was not harrasing me because of my race, we are both white. He was harrasing me because of other things. Just as bad in my not so humble opinion.

On the pedestrian way back from virtually visiting Tonto in Toronto... a wedding weary, but no less blissful, HornEd took a brief timeout to bring reality to discursiveness...

I am proud to be a member of the Klipsch Forum Community... it's the only "KFC" where audio colonels gather to share their secret sauce and audio kernels pop their corn and clu shares her finger lickin goodness with the not-so-secret sauciness of less its a crewel match made in Jersey that has warmed heartfelt cockles to the point of being consumed with a flagon or two of the local brew!

Yes, indeed, we have a community that extends around the world its filled with good guys, bad guys, and a lot of guys in transition it is not filled with gals but the gals who do are appreciated more than they know for without their guidance, where would all of us testosterone laden lads penetrate the wily world of WAF to make a Belle out of a LaScala experience (as PWK might have said).

Where else but in our Klipsch Forum Community can we wallow in the indulgences of outrageous Home Theater on one thread, and then bask in the totally tubular glow of an upscale Two-Channel chop of one anothers Heritage audiophile-losophy or even a red hot poker play on one anothers maternal heritage and thats community too! Hmm, maybe we should have a Too-Channel alley on the other side of Trey (park your rhetoric and curb your doggerel) Magnifique!

And what a place the Klipsch Forum Community is for impromptu rendezvous, peanut brittle and pink flamingo excesses not to mention the great community marketplace that provides the friendliest buy/sell encounters this old horn lover turned bridegroom has ever found on the net. Who would have thought that, because of this Forum, my fiancé would buy a pair of Khorns and a Belle to add to the dozens of Klipsch speakers that I have purchased through the Klipsch Forum Community.

And, fear not Klipsch Corporate, finding the Joy of Klipsch radiating throughout this Forum has prompted me to buy dozens of Klipsch speakers from dealers as well! It is not only because Klipsch makes horns great its the freedom loving way that Klipsch Corporate has allowed our Forum Community to grow. Its an all-in-one fun learning process where nearly everyone deserves to give themselves a pat on the back! -HornEd

----------------

On 4/30/2004 1:38:03 PM tripod wrote:

Just to clarify (and further complicate my made up ailment), it's my butt with the temper not me. I'm quite easy going and mild. But my butt, well that's another story completely. Bar fights, shouting matches at family gatherings, I'm getting upset just thinking about it.

We're getting dangerously close to 'The Great Cornholio' territory here!!

9.gif9.gif

cornholio.jpg

justin......Remember Missouri was still considerd part of the SOUTH (civil war) So even now hatred on political and CLASS still exhist. I can still sense it when I visit St louis. (born there) Too many stories to tell here. But its in the Congressional Record.

Justin-

Check out the Philips DVD795SA. It is a 5-disc DVD player with SACD capability, built-in DD/DTS decoders, and it has an upsampler on-board for CD listening. I bought one and it arrived Saturday. Haven't had a chance to hook it up yet, as there were lots of honey-do's first. If it sounds good, I plan on using it in my 2-ch system exclusively. For about $150, you can't go wrong...SACD, upsampling, and 5-disc capacity. J&R has them, as well as a number of other locations.

----------------

On 4/27/2004 3:53:17 PM picky-picky wrote:

It's all good. I think the Klipsch forum is the best audio forum offered on the web. All kidding aside, the people who care are all here. I especially enjoy my buds, m00n, Michael Hurd, dantfmly, fini, BBB, kenratboy, avman, ear, dpk, jagangjee & artto, too. I know there's more I missed: sorry guys! There is so much knowledge here that it's amazing.
2.gif
I enjoy reading Griffinator's comments, too. Right-to-the-point, that one!

----------------

wow holy crap i made it on somebodys list, and with the likes of all those he mentioned 3.gif I am famous. 9.gif now on the serious side. I love this forum to be able to share stuff with other poeple who just love to blow whatever kind of money they can on a/v equipment just like me. It is wonderful place to come and share what knowledge you have, and gain knowledge from all of the wonderful people on this site. Thanks to all those who have ever helped me out. The thing i like most I am making buds in other parts of the country who share the same interest as me.(which i did not know i was, thanks picky i'm glad to be considered one of your buds) Since only one other person i hang around here even knows what the hell a good setup is let alone know what the hell i talking about.(darn bose people)9.gif Some even call me crazy for what i have (including my wife and her parents.)9.gif which isn't very much, compaired to some of you here. thanks again. and lets keep enjoying this site and klipsh speakers for years to come. 1.gif10.gif16.gif

EDIT: you forgot horned by the way. 16.gif9.gif

Jeremiah 10.gif

dantfmly:

I have been into seriously enjoying audio now for some 35 years. And there is one thing I have discovered that you touched upon:

Historically, the more I spend on eccentrically expensive audio (and now also video) gear, the more I am accusing by family and friends of being nuts. (Not so much now by the wife as I have made her my partner-in-crime with the addition of our dedicated theater. Moohahahah-haa! 11.gif ) However, such accusations tend to become silent when said system is energized in the accuser's presence as they settle into a prime seat in front of the screen and speakers, while they smile broadly from ear-to-ear.

With that said, who is really nuts? 9.gif It's kind of like, "Hey, if you enjoy sitting there so much, stop criticizing me and go buy one of your own!" LOL Know what I mean? 2.gif We know what we're all doing....."nuts" indeed! 16.gif

As it's well said on the back of the box of 'Cheez-It' snack crackers: "Get your own box!" LOL