RF5 advice quickly!

colterphoto1

A local dealer is closing out on RF5's (black) at the price of $750/ get one FREE! Is this a good deal? I could use these for my 'nice' HT in my home photo gallery. They are holding their last 'in box' pair for me for one more day only.

Or should I hold out for RF7 or keep with my heritage line?

Thanks

Yeah, actually I probably should hold out for RF-7s. I've got two pairs of RF-3's right now anyway. 5's probably aren't too much of a step up from where I'm already at.

Checked out your site though.. Like the room you have set up. Which SVS is sitting in the corner?

That is the SVS 20-39 PCI.

Yeah, my selfish desire to sell my speakers aside, you won't regret waiting on the 7s. The 5s have an 8" woofer which I believe is the same woofer as the rf-35, but the same tractix horn as the rf-7s. The RF-7s will give you slightly more efficiency and a few hz lower bass.

----------------

On 4/27/2004 8:28:04 PM colterphoto1 wrote:

A local dealer is closing out on RF5's (black) at the price of $750/ get one FREE! Is this a good deal? I could use these for my 'nice' HT in my home photo gallery. They are holding their last 'in box' pair for me for one more day only.

Or should I hold out for RF7 or keep with my heritage line?

Thanks

----------------

Colter ... $750 for a pair of 5s .... Hell YES!!! BTW, which Ovation is blowing these out? Castleton, Greenwood or 38th St?

peace, mitch

Hey colter, my friend has actually been looking around for R-35s and R-5s. If you dont want them we do not live to far from Indy and he said we could take a ride up there tomorrow to pick them up. We sent you a PM today. Please let us know either way.

Ovation had them on a one-day clearance, but they usually give me their 'best' price regardless. Castleton has one pair on reserve for me, one opened pair, and one demo pair. other Ovation stores probably have same deal.

i'm going to go ahead and get these, if they don't work out, at least it'll be a good resale.

Thanks for advice. Whats a good price for RF7's? They are the only 'old' line floor model that hasn't been replaced, correct?

Michael- who still longs for real wood craftsmanship for such large furniture items. VINYL SUCKS!