DFW Hornhead Meeting this Sunday 5/2/04

eq_shadimar

Well I have a couple of Klipschheads from this forum and possibly some members of the DFW Hornheads group coming over to my house this Sunday to listen to my setup. Since there may be some people on this board that live in the area who are not members of the DFW Hornheads Yahoo Group I thought I would post a notice here as well. If you are interested in attending send me an e-mail, reply to this post, or join the DFW Hornheads Yahoo Group and post a message that you are interested. I will send out an e-mail with directions to my house (Plano) and other contact information.

Laters,

Jeff

Jeff,

If you could e-mail me again with your # and directions I might be able to stop by. I will be coming back from the Lake Texoma area sometime Sunday. Unfortunately I will be helping my Mom help my Dad home from the hospital.8.gif

Anyway, if the times work out and I feel like socializing I will try to stop by.

Thanks,

Mark

Edit: For the record, my Dad (to me) certainly is more important than Jeff's get together, just thought I may have worded it wrong earlier.

After all my business years in the Metroplex... now that HornEd could be in a DFW Hornhead event, I will be taking nuptial vows in the Santa Cruz Mountains of California instead... something must be amiss. And it was a miss, a Swiss Miss to be exact... who stole my heart in a way that even the mighty Klipschorn could not match!

But, be assured Jeff, that I shall raise a flute of bubbly to you and the DFW Hornheads this on May 2nd... and that my Swiss Mrs. shall dwell in a fully horn-loaded environment happily ever after! -HornEd

PS: I have had the joy of meeting Klipsch Forum members in several local regions and always had a better time than I could have hoped for. There are a lot of truly great people that have gotten together to swap opinions and equipment thanks to the Klipsch Forum. Thanks to hosts like Jeff and DaddyDee, this new tradition is growing... and well it should!

Jeff,

Thanks so much for opening your home to us! I really enjoyed my time listening to--and looking at--your home theater yesterday afternoon. You have an incredible setup and it sounds terrific! You should be proud!

Thanks again!

Dale

Jeff:

Certainly, folks that are kind enough to take time from their schedule and host a get together like yours make this "madness" even more enjoyable. A big thanks for showing me around, and welcoming a newbie "into the fold". What an excellent system you have, with unsurpassed sound quality. I went home last night and watched my 46" TV and it, er, seemed small (though my Forte's still did a good job, and my SVS sub sends its best)....9.gif

Perhaps we'll do it all again!

Popbumper

Jeff,

Thanks for having us over on Sunday, it was great meeting you. Five Cornwalls in a HT system, all I can say is "wow"! And with your three subs, I can honestly say I have never heard anything as impressive as your HT in any home (or for that matter, in any theater!). I'm only sorry that I could only stay for an hour (BTW, I made my flight to Chicago with seconds to spare). The DFW Hornheads need to reciprocate your hospitality (o.k. guys, let's talk about who's gonna be next).

Thanks again,

David

Jeff asked "Who's next" to host? Umm, until I can be at the "experience and knowledge" level so many of you seem to be at, I will keep my , er..."modest" system to myself....6.gif Seriously, I am still in the "building" stages, and until I can offer up a tasty venue, I would not be comfortable hosting a get-together.

After all, when you meet guys who have Cornwalls and Klipschorns, and you only have Forte's and Heresys, you tend to be a little "shy"....15.gif

Popbumper

----------------

On 5/5/2004 3:46:31 PM popbumper wrote:

After all, when you meet guys who have Cornwalls and Klipschorns, and you only have Forte's and Heresys, you tend to be a little "shy"....
15.gif

----------------

Hey, there's nothing to be ashamed of when it comes to owning ANY Heritage speakers! In certain rooms, Forte's and Heresy's are simply the only Heritage speakers that'll fit. They may be smaller than their big brothers, but they still sound terrific!

I'm really sorry I got to Jeff's so late Sunday afternoon and missed meeting all of the rest of you guys. I'm still building the entertainment center that all my stuff will be resting on. So, it's not the right time to invite folks over just yet. Maybe later this summer...