HornEd Virtual Online Bachelor Party!!

fini

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the bachelor party still going on? I hope so, I've been drinking a n aweful lot tonight. sorry if I make no sense.

There's a crazy comic who's name escapes me at the moment who said " I wanted to be selfish, do the careeer thing. Then I met someone and we got married. Then I realized that a loving wife and family is the lord's greatest.......consolation prize" Well he was wrong, my life is much better with my family now than it was when I was single and all I wanted to do was be the best corporate servant I could be. Congratulations are in order to be sure!

Emo Phillips was the comic I remember now. That man is a little crazy.

Wow, I usually get up before dawn, check email and take a quick look at my favorite Forum... what a surprise... a virtual bachelor party with m00n's snapshot of a "fini nudenik" in full debauch! Gee, fini, I gotta tell you about...

I didn't realize just how much tidying up on has to do for one's wedding when you have 110+ acres to make your lady smile! Whew... our whole staff (including yours truly) will be happy when things settle down to the summer season's rush. Last night we had a "Cinco de Mayo" celebration with a unique "Clipped & Shorn-like" salsa band called "Con Corazon"... one trumpet, two percussionists, three guitarists and an electric cello! The evening meal, snacks and drinks all has a "South of the Border" feel.

In an adjacent lounge, my soon to be "Swiss Mrs.", her sister (sorry I-will-walk" she's married!), were making pretty things out of a rainbow of 36 dozen roses! I had bought twelve dozen for the lawn wedding... but somehow roses kept coming in from friends and well wishers. And rose petals... we have two flower girls, each with a little basket to toss rose petals in the path of the bride... now, suddenly, we have over a bushel of rose petals. Hmm, maybe I should start a potpourri concession!

The wedding party will be formal with full tux w/ tails and a white-on-white brocade vest for the guys... and matching pale green designer dresses for the girls... and an elegant white gown with train for the bride. Given my penchant for words, at the bride's request I wrote the wedding scenario from scratch... including speaking parts for the bride, groom, and matron of honor and best man... oh, yeah, and lots of words for the knotworthy Marryin' Sam (actually Richard). Music during the lawn wedding and reception will begin with a woodwind quintet... migrate to a flute and guitar duo... and then to an Americana jazz trio of two guys on guitars and one big voiced lady with an upright bass. Oh, yeah, and you've got to know that all my pro speakers have horns!

I promise I'll breakdown and learn this new photo uploading system on the Forum to include a photo or two of the bride in all her glory... and this suddenly younger feeling HornEd in tails and topper. As a concession to our concerns about being overly dressed in my (check that, "our") mountain retreat is that the bridal party will be barefoot... we gotta do something to satisfy fini's wild side! 3.gif

The food and beverage extravaganza will begin as the vows are said. The hors d'oeuvres are upscale, artfully done and hefty... the multi-tiered cake has three layers per tier... a layer of hazelnut sponge 12.gif a layer of decadent devils food 11.gif and another layer of hazelnut sponge 12.gif with a special mixture of fresh buttercream and lemon curd filling between the layers. The outside of each cake tier is covered with a Grand Marinier buttercream over which a sheet of marzipan is shaped the whole cake was decorated with a cascade of hand formed white chocolate roses and blue marzipan hydrangeas. Now theres something else worth drooling over Q-man and, because you ARE my hero you are always invited!

Of course, there will be champagne by the case served in sparkling flutes... and Italian sodas featuring all 62 Torani flavors... the Torani family emigrated from Italy and settled in what was then Colma, California, and make their flavors from old Italian recipes... the kind that fini enjoys each time he visits his mama-mia-in-law.

And so friends, lest I write more words in this thank you than all you have written collectively its time for me to get on with the show. Traditionally, white is the color of Joy (not chastity fini!) and thus all the wedding party will have something white (no, fini, undies dont count!) and blue is the color of purity thus, we have a plethora of matching blue topaz jewelry for the wedding party. Instead of rings, we will exchange custom carved ivory suns on fine gold chains for indeed we are the sunshine in each others heart for you see, of all the wonderfully decadent excesses that we shall enjoy this day the best is to have found that the love of my life has found the love of her life! -HornEd

PS: Since tomorrow's my birthday bash, we will spend our "honeymoon" night in a wedding bed built from hardwoods harvested on the property and fashioned into an Eastern King sized "captain's bed" with a custom designed ComfortAire GeoVista mattress... with 1,000 thread count white-on-white satin sheets. Now you know why we had to get married today... for today I am 65 and my bride was born in '65... and I was born in '38 and my bride is 38... and tomorrow the calendar will say I'm 66... but my heart thinks I'm 18 again! Now if I can only get the rest of my body to go along... 2.gif

we need a new member status description for a man who would be on the forum the morning of his wedding...."Answering Machine" seems so pedestrian for that kind of passion and comittment....have a great wedding day Ed, much happpiness to you both!

----------------

On 5/2/2004 9:53:45 AM arthurs wrote:

we need a new member status description for a man who would be on the forum the morning of his wedding...."Answering Machine" seems so pedestrian for that kind of passion and comittment....have a great wedding day Ed, much happpiness to you both!

----------------

Pre-maridal jitters, he coulnd't sleep. Have fun Horn!1.gif

Damn dude, it's your birthday too? So, not knowing when you wrote this, I ask... Is your birthday the same day as your wedding, Sunday, or is it Monday?

Well, anyway, have a happy birtday as well as honey-m00n! See that? See how I slipped that right on in?9.gif

----------------

On 5/2/2004 10:16:30 AM m00n wrote:

Well, anyway, have a happy birtday as well as honey-m00n! See that? See how I slipped that right on in?----------------

you're killin me mOOn....no statement is immOOn to your humor....see that? see how I'm learnin?9.gif