Anybody TRIED/OWN a Monster Power AMPLIFIER?

nicholtl

I know they've been out for quite some time now, maybe even a year, but not once have I heard anybody talk about them here or at any other forum, much less OWN ONE. Wondering if anybody has had the change to listen to one, and can make a comment on how this controversial company which I personally love, has fared in their entering of the seperates market.

Not that I'm going to buy one. Just curious is all. Here's the link to their site with the amps:

http://www.monstercable.com/power/lineAmps.asp

I've "heard" them but not really "listened" to them. They demoed them at a Monster Cable conference, but it was in a huge room with lots of people. Then, the store that I used to work at got them, but that was right before I quit, and I never sat down and listened to them. The only thing we ever did is watch the wattage meter.

Richard Marsh, Noel Lee, and one or two other dudes helped make all those products, just like their top of the line conditioners and stablizers etc. It even says, on a little engraving on the unit, "designed by the monster dream team."

I have the Monster model number HTS 3600. I am not sure if I bought into the whole story scientifically, although I do think for sure I get better blacks in my HDTV because of it, and a more stable picture from my Comcast box than without it. (If this is a mysterious black box thing so be it.) As far as the audio... I have 400 amps into my house and Audio and lights are def on different circuts. So no real improvement.. So why did I buy it?

Simple.. 100k insurance policy (lightning, spikes, etc.) if everything is plugged into it. (Which it is.) I sleep so much better with that everynight for a couple hundred dollars than anything else.

"I have the Monster model number HTS 3600...So why did I buy it?

Simple.. 100k insurance policy (lightning, spikes, etc.) if everything is plugged into it. (Which it is.) I sleep so much better with that everynight for a couple hundred dollars than anything else."

For about the same price (or less) you can get the Panamax 5300 that carry a $5 million lifetime connected equipment protection guarantee. IMO, I think Panamax provides better line filtration and surge protection.