Need to complete HT system

HarryPluta

Hi all,

After a month of listening to systems and figuring out what I could afford I ran into a deal on an older 5.1 Klipsch speaker set-up. It is comprised of KSB-1.1 mains, KSC-C1 Center, KSB-S1 rears, and a KSW-100 sub-woofer. I will be pushing these with a Yamaha RX-V1400 7.1 Receiver and so would like to add two more speakers to realize the full potential of this system.

I would be interested in feedback from everyone regarding the best sounding way to go. One option is to add KSB-3.1's as my mains and move the KSB-1.1's as the side surrounds, another would be to just add another set of KSB-1.1's as the side surrounds, and still another is to add something like either the KSF-S5's or SS-1's or .5's as the side surrounds.

Please let me know the reason for your recommendations. The room is fairly small at 15x15 and I don't tend to listen at high volumes ( very often 3.gif ), as a matter of fact what I want is a system that is very clear and detailed even at lower volumes.

Many thanks is advance,

-harry