how do u tell the old 4.1 from the new

Well

The Boxes should be Clearly marked.

v2-400's will say v2-400 on the Box

4.1's will say 4.1 on the box

41's will say you guessed it... 5.1 on the box, and will have a Center Speaker (1 more, 5 instead of 4) and 500 watts of power, instead of 400$.

Also, the 4.1's on the Pre Amp, will have a On/Off switch, with a light next to it, and will have two 1/8th jacks on the side, for Input, and headphones

------------------

Living Room:

Yamaha Natural Sound A-500 Stereo Amplifier

2 Klipsch Heresys on A switch

2 Fisher STV-873 on B switch

My Room:

Klipsch Pro Medias

2 Fisher Surrounds

umm I have a little problem here

I've got the 4.1's... and yes the box said "4.1's" and the speaker has the headphone jack, and mp3 player output.... but my sub doesn't have the power switch.

I've always been having troubles with my sub... do I have the old v2.400 sub with the new 4.1 Speakers?

I also seen a review today where they were doing the 4.1's and it had a power switch on it.

This is making me mad!!!

umm actually I JUST seen a review... and it was of the 4.1's!!!

and the sub had a MASTER POWER SWITCH on the back of it, and also the plug in was different; instead of being attached like mine it looked like you could remove it from the sub itself.

http://www.tbreak.com/hard/othr/klipsch41/page2.asp

See? the back of my cord is attached and I don't have a switch like that Smile.gif.

yeah me too that's funky, i don't have the switch or detachable power cord! i bought mine the next day after it went on sale. maybe they have a different revision or something eheheh like the different amps the v2-400 got, one was higher gain louder than the other.

------------------

bass beats melody

This message has been edited by deaf guy on 07-10-2001 at 10:12 PM