Any ideas for a Pioneer VSX-D850S with a problem?

Cory

I am a college student with a limited budget so keep that in mind with your answers 9.gif

I have the Pioneer VSX-D850S. It has performed like a champ for me, being hooked up to a Synergy 6 System (yay for mediocrity!). Recently, after the receiver has been on for 4 or 5 minutes, and has warmed up, a loud constant crackle will come through on every channel. The crackle is independent of the volume, in that, it is always very very loud. I looked inside (don't worry I am a pc tech with an A+ certification, so I know what and not to do) and it appears that the problem could be maybe the power supply, which appears from outside the unit to work, or it could be an internal fan that is mated next to a huge heatsink. The fan does not turn on at the unit's power up, and doesn't seem to kick on during use. Any recommendations, experience, or opinions? Kinda stumped on this one.

As a follow up, it turns out that the fan is not a problem. I can not tell whether it is a temperature induced action or a volume induced action, but i have been successful in getting the fan to kick on through some testing. Still perturbed as to the crackling though.

the warranty had already expired as the unit is about 1 and a half years old. Having an A+ certification, I was essentially implying that the circuit board and components of these receivers (namely, capacitors, resistors, etc) are the same if not almost exactly the same as the components found on motherboard in computers, which I am licensed to repair. In other words, I know how these things work, I'm not an idiot who opens up his unit and ESD's it, and wonders what happened.

But I'm still stumped 9.gif