Heresy theater take 2

M6 Driver

----------------

On 5/18/2004 12:23:51 AM JTS8 wrote:

Thanks,

How did you do that? That was our goal last night and finally gave up.

----------------

The first thing to do is to get the picture hosted on the web somewhere. You can do that by using the attach file button or using your own web site. Second is at the bottom (left of save button) the reply window UNCHECK the HTML box. Now back at the top you will see all sorts of editing tools for fonts etc. Click on the little button that looks like a small landscape and insert the URL of the web location where your picture is located. The picture will appear real time in your post so you will know right away if you have done it correctly.

In your case your picture is hosted here so the url is:

http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/files/Heresy6.JPG

So first make a post and attach your picture. Then open the picture and copy the URL in the browser bar. Then paste that into the proper place in the Insert Picture Dialog box. You can also resize the picture which I also did by dragging the corners around.

Hope this helps!

Laters,

Jeff

JTS8,

Your theater looks nice. I like the use of identical speakers across the front.

However, I wonder if the Heresey center is unshielded which would interfere with the TV picture and whether the center's position adversely affects the sound.

Most folks like their centers at ear level or a bit above ear level. Then, there is the dispersion pattern of the center. How is the off axis response?

Bill

For the sheiding there is minimal distortion to the picture and not noticable with Letterbox. I plan on a new TV this year being DLP/LCD/???? and that should solve that problem.

For the center thats temporary though I believe it sounds great as is just had to bump up the center volume just a hair.

(We're looking at building our house this year since we just paid the land off! 5+ acres)

Then the plan is have the LCR vertical at the same height. Looking at stands now got some Lovans in mind but always open to suggestion.

cool setup john!

i also am wondering about the center heresy's sound as i will be using one for center as well,and may have to place it on its side as you have done.

also, you may well want to make another 'road trip' and get a sweet deal on a sony lcd grand vvega when you are ready2.gif

avman.1.gif

John,

Nice! Consider aiming the center up at your listening postion -- just use magazines or folded cardboard to get an angle you like. You may find that aiming the horn right at your head smooths things out across the front, and since you'll be on axis, you can probably cut the boost some as well.

Meanwhile, I'm jealous. My HT is a 27" Panasonic flanked by a pair of Fortes. We get the house next month, though, and then I get a room of my own! :-)

As far as shielding your Heresys goes you can order bucking magnets direct from Klipsch. You just attached them to the woofer magnet polls opposed (S-N to N-S), or more clearly put so the magnets repel. You will need to use a strong epoxy and clamp them until it sets.

I might suggest since the center is a Heresy and on the bottom.. Go get something to tilt it up just a tad..(scientific term "tad" LOL) meaning tilt the speaker up just a bit to let the tweeter and mid hit you in the sweetspot where you sit. This tweek should render fantastic results... FYI a great tad trick is to use a towel along the front edge for starters, then adjust the The correct hight of cloth underneath the front edge. Later look for some black foam or package material foam later to do the trick availiable at lowes.. 1-2 inches compressed with the weight of the speaker might be just right???

Nice setup- wish I could get my hands on some Heresy's! However, remember that by laying the center cabinet on it's side, you are altering the dispersion pattern of the mid and high horns. They were designed to give wide pattern when aligned horizontally (cabinet set upright), which is not currently the case. Depending on the polar charachteristics of the horns, you may have created a somewhat narrow 'sweet spot' in the critical center channel zone.

I'd check my owners manual or Heritage Classic on the web to see if the horizontal vs vertical dispersion is very different in these horns. It may not be much of a problem, but ya never know.

I know several Forum users with Cornwalls who purposely get the cabinets with the horns oriented horizontally with the cabinets on their sides ( or make a modification so this is the case) in order to correct the dispersion pattern for their center channel.

Good Listening!

Thanks for all the compliments!!!

Yeah there is an issue with the center location but I tell ya it sounds fine. I had all intentions to slip a riser under the center but I mad a slight miscalculation so that's were it stays until we built the house. Prior to the Heresy I had a C7 there just a bit higher and not angled up that as well sounded fine maybe that's what I'm used to but my friends always leave happy and want to get KLIPSCH'ED.

For the Bucking Magnets -

----------------

On 5/18/2004 10:44:43 AM avman wrote:

cool setup john!

i also am wondering about the center heresy's sound as i will be using one for center as well,and may have to place it on its side as you have done.

also, you may well want to make another 'road trip' and get a sweet deal on a sony lcd grand vvega when you are ready
2.gif

avman.
1.gif
----------------

AVMAN - I might need a Po Boy and a T.V. in the future I'll give you the heads up when the time comes!2.gif

For the sound well I'm quite happy with what I've put together over the years and I know it'll only get better.

16.gif

John

Nice setup. Man they look smaller than twelve inch drivers. For some reason. They must pack em right in the cab. But it looks great. As for the tilting that is very opinionated. I dilly dallied around with my center for some time tilting it down and then back. It had better panning with it straight up and down with the other speakers. That's just my experience. I did hear the center better tilted down but the panning was not smooth and seemless as they say. LOoks great though i bet it rocks!