Adding surround back 1 speaker or 2?

Beetlejuice

I'm looking to add a rear center to my system. I don't have the space for 2 more RF-7s.8.gif I need something smaller that can be mounted higher. So I am thinking either 1 RC-7 or 2 RB-75. Last night I moved my RC-7(center) to the the rear center position so I could get a rough idea of how it would sound. I proped it up on one of the boxes my RF-7 came in(not the best speaker stand). I thought it sounded pretty good, considering it was sitting on an empty box and I hadn't calibrated the speaker level. There was plenty coverage in my main seating position. My question is are there any other advantages to using 2 surround back speakers other than just covering a wider area.

Thx

----------------

On 5/19/2004 9:20:24 AM Beetlejuice wrote:

My question is are there any other advantages to using 2 surround back speakers other than just covering a wider area.

Thx

----------------

yes, your speaker salesman gets to sell one more speaker!2.gif

seriously,unless you have a very w i d e listening area to cover,6.1 and 7.1 are identical.

i would suggest the RC-7.

avman.

----------------

On 5/19/2004 12:17:54 PM Beetlejuice wrote:

Thx for the reply. I'm going to go with the RC-7 for a 6.1 setup. Some day I would like to get another RF-7 to use as a center. Of course thats if can can buy a single RF-7. I would then move my current RC-7 to the rear for a 7.1 setup.

----------------

mOOn may have a different perspective on this, but i feel the RC-7 is a MUCH better match for RF-7 than my C-7 is for my KLF-30's.

whereas the RF-7 and the RC-7 use the SAME horn and tweeter in a 2-way design,the C-7 is a 2-way but the KLF-30 is a 3-way design...that's o.k. though,thanks to john on this bb,inspired by HornEd, i have a KLF-30 that soon will be 'HornEd-zontalised' into a center channel-muuhhaahhaa3.gif

avman.