Heart: Alive in Seattle

dkp

I picked this up yesterday at CC ($20) and watched quite a bit of it last night. It was mixed in dts and just plain rocks!! I don't know how many of you like the music of Heart, but for those of you who do, you will love the sound from this DVD.

Oh yeah-there's also a Led Zeppelin remake on there that sounds phenomenal.

David

----------------

On 5/24/2004 10:36:11 PM wheelman wrote:

Man she's got some awesome pipes
. They can pick an acoustic guitar with the best of them. I heard them do the battle of evermore. WOW!
----------------

Wheelman-no doubt about it! If you like their music, you need to buy this DVD concert. That woman can belt out the tunes with the best of 'em. I listened to pieces of it again last night and just sit there with a smile on my face. "Wow" is right!!! And the DTS mix is just sick!!!

David

Thanks i will have to put that on my list. I love dvd concerts more than any dvd's. The best repeats ever bar none. I wonder if they do the new tune on there. I am sure you heard or read that the led zep is awesome. Also John Fogerty's both great for sound. Plus it's good music. I think the who's got one i wonder if it's recorded good? I really didn't care for them years back, but i seen the light. Or a flashback.1.gif

Wheelman-live music is sooo different from the in-studio version. It seems that the artist really becomes the "artist" when performing live. I'm not really too familiar with Heart's older music, but if you go to the BB or CC websites you should be able to find the track list...

I also bought Shania Twain's live in chicago. Nice concert, good sound but not nearly the same quality as Heart...

Is the Led Zeppelin DVD live as well?

david

Yes led is live various shows. It's amazing their is two disc's with like at least five hours of footage. The sound quality will blow you away. I have a friend who isn't a big zep fan. Tell me "That's the best i ever heard led zeppelin. I really like em". I said yea alot has to do with the klipsch's. But it's really the recording to. Jimmy Page put alot of effort into it. I dabble with guitar, and i can tell guitar tones pretty well. It's just like he's playing in your living room with a sense of space too. It is one of my best ones I own. No doubt

Yep,the Zep is a really good series of shows with better than expected audio and even good video.Of course all things Zeppelin are good but Jimmy worked hard to make this dvd a prize for even marginal fans.On the Heart dvd I been thinkin' about it for a couple months but always find another one or two dvd concerts,dvda or sacd I want.But it sounds like I may as well get it because I will sooner or later anyway.