Return of the King on DVD

TheEAR

A great movie,its evident some scenes were cut(will be in the Extended Edition)but this last one closes the trilogy in a grand way.

The picrure quality is second to none and the sound is first rate.For anyone with a great sound system you will be impressed.

The main battle is not big its HUGE.The sory even if changed by Peter Jackson takes not much from the overall effect of the movie,simply spectacular.

Few movies have good acting,amazing special effects and a story so attaching.A must for any HT fanatic.

1.gif

PS I got my copy Friday 16.gif

interesting since it isn't going to be released til tuesday May 25, 2004

what kind of DVDR or CDR is it?

ENGLISH or JAPANESE subtitles?

was the camera up high enough to miss the back of people's heads?

do you hear children crying and people talking throught the whole 3.5 hrs?

or did you get it in on the REX shipment?

you can pre-order it here...

http://lordoftherings.net/index_400_hv_home.html

• Like 1

I read a review from someone the last few days who works at a video store that got their copies in a few days ahead of schedule. Maybe that's what happened with him, or he knew people who worked there. ??

Anyway, the picture & sound of the EE version due 3-4Q will be what is "second to none."

----------------

On 5/22/2004 9:55:27 PM SpeedFreak wrote:

interesting since it isn't going to be released til tuesday May 25, 2004

what kind of DVDR or CDR is it?

ENGLISH or JAPANESE subtitles?

was the camera up high enough to miss the back of people's heads?

do you hear children crying and people talking throught the whole 3.5 hrs?

or did you get it in on the REX shipment?

you can pre-order it here...

----------------

Listen joker I purchased two ROTK Widescreen DVD last Friday.I know the store owner and stores get new DVD's a few days before the official release date.

Do not envy me so much.I get most movies a few days before the official release date. 3.gif

Its a real deal original DVD,no crappy copy or VCD like you wish it was. 9.gif

Store manager in trouble! LOL

Try to do anything,there are so many stores try to find the one who sold me the LOTR.Good luck

BTW the movie is GREAT.Fat hobbit Peter Jackson cut out too many important scenes just to force us die hard LOTR fanatics to buy the Special Extended Edition.

----------------

On 5/23/2004 8:12:59 PM SpeedFreak wrote:

i always buy both versions from legit stores who follow rules

----------------

A clear indication of envy. Tweek = SpeedFreak

YOU are from this point on on IGNORE!

----------------

On 5/23/2004 9:45:12 PM m00n wrote:

Well... I'm not ashamed to admit it. I have LOTR ROTK early DVD envy.
9.gif

----------------

Yes mOOn the newbie trolls who will remain namless cannot stand the fact I have the latest LOTR before they can even dream of having it. 9.gif

mOOn you will like this movie,the trilogy is ended in style.And your RSW's will work in overtime.As much as my three RSW's did !

1.gif

You mentioned something about them removing scenes... Are you saying that hey actually removed scenes from the theatrical release that was out in theaters last December? Or are you just refereing to the scenes that they will put in that were not in the theatrical, not *THIS* release of the DVD?

I'm half tempted to wait on buying it simply because I still have to get my surrounds placed right... As they are now, they are sitting WAY too high and they are not angled approporatly.

I would have bought one early if given the chance. I mean who the h*ll is it hurting? Before watch out or the Homeland Security people may come knocking on your door. I've bought movies a day or two early at Wal-Mart. I knew they weren't suppose to sell them early but who cares, they still get their royalties.

Grateful

mOOn and grateful,

No the ROTK Widescreen DVD is what you saw in the theater.Lasts 3 hours and some 20 minutes.

If you do not want any spoilers and never saw the movie do not read below...

Last chance you have been warned...

Ok no names will be gives just general observations...

Simply you know scenes were removed as some things just roll to fast,when they go to recruit the ghost army...all of a sudden during the great battle they arrive on boats...bam the ghost army is there.No sight on how the Ghost army got rid of the sailors!

When the Nasgul lord is killed,she recovers fast.After all the Nasgul broke her hand and the little hobbit was hurt by stabbing the Lich King.And you see the end...at the coronation.All healed like by miracle!

And a few more for you to discover

1.gif