Anybody tried this wire?

I just heard about this stuff:

Made in the lush Ozark Mountains by true craftsmen, this is the ultimate addition to complete your perfect audiophile electronic system.

We use only the finest 100% double-extra-virgin fat-free copper wire in our interconnects and cables. In order to provide our customers the advantage of immediate benefit when using our products, we perfectly pre-corrode the copper under ideal all-natural Ozark Mountain 100% humidity ONLY on days exceeding 95 degrees F. This enables our customers to need absolutely NO break-in period when using our quality interconnects and cables.

Our top of the line Mountain Oyster cables and interconnects are hand-assembled by our craftsmen using our exclusive patented cast grey iron connectors. Our highly-experienced electronic technicians ensure nothing but cold solders are used to join our patented cast grey iron connectors of your choice to our fine perfectly corroded copper cables. Acid-core lead solder is used exclusively in this process, unlike most of our competitors.

We also offer in-house custom installation of our cables and interconnects. Look for our beat-up white van in your controlled-access neighborhood soon.

Our prices are the same for both our speaker audio cables and for our interconnects with our patented cast grey iron connectors of your choice included gratis:

Mountain Oyster line: $500.00 per linear ft. + shipping

For more information on our complete product line, please see our website: www.snipehunter.com

Snipe-Hunter Mountain Interconnect and Cable Company, Inc.

"For the discerning Audiophile who insists upon the most expensive of electronic equipment, and isn't broke yet"

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This sounds like just the thing for my TT. I need new interconnects now that I have installed the latest and greatest isolation system:

Presenting the MPG isolation ring:

isolation.jpg?dc=4675473544143696647

For those not sure what they are looking at the the solid rubber isolation ring mounted below the new glass platter is something I am pleased to be able to offer in limited quantities to the discerning audiophile.

For a mere $475.36 including all taxes and shipping you too can benefit from real isolation of your TT platter from the environment.

Please note : An resemblence of this ring to the rubber dog chew my Belgium shepherd was recently seen gnawing on is entirely coincidental. Our "teethmarks" have been scientifically placed to ensure the optimum performance of the wonder-ring.

We do, of course, offer a full no money back guaranttee if you are not fully satisfied within 30 seconds of receiving your ring - or our receiving your cheque - whichever is the sooner.

(Actually - funnies aside - it really has worked!).

Are they Certified, bonded, licensed, trained, give warranty, free servic call, 24 hour phone service, exact time installation, work in a professional manner, clean up, supply any warranties or guarantees in writing including any verbal statements, words, phrases, utterances, spontaneous utterances, verbal promises, declarations and any wording or statement or phrase in an ad to be included as a part in whole without exception to such warranty, guarantee and worker's contract?

Also are they insured, carry worker's compensation, hazard and liability insurance along with damage to resident/owner's insurance?

Maxg,

OT Sorry for the hijack -

Which Belgium shepherd do you have, Malinois , Groenendael, Tervueren or a Laekenois?

Jim

PS: - Didn't see it but for those of us at sea level do those cables come pre-corroded to match salt air corrosion as well?

Hey....this sounds like the same white van I bought my audiophile speakers from!! Truly state of the art! (the art of scamming, that is)

----------------

On 5/24/2004 9:45:16 AM HDBRbuilder wrote:

I just heard about this stuff:

We also offer in-house custom installation of our cables and interconnects. Look for our beat-up white van in your controlled-access neighborhood soon.

"For the discerning Audiophile who insists upon the most expensive of electronic equipment, and isn't broke yet"

----------------

Apparently, none of you can take anything seriously.

I don't understand it. How in the world can people consider themselves audiophiles, and not believe that cables make a difference? That's like saying tube rolling doesn't make any difference. They're all tubes made of the same materials, just like interconnects and speaker cables.... 14.gif

Chops is right on the money!

I would go as far as to suggest that those who fight against an available technology based solidly in the science of physics are simply burying their heads in the sand and don't want anyone to stick their heads out and look around.

Like the Japanes saying goes, "the nail that sticks up is the one that gets pounded down."

DM2.gif

"I don't understand it. How in the world can people consider themselves audiophiles, and not believe that cables make a difference? That's like saying tube rolling doesn't make any difference. They're all tubes made of the same materials, just like interconnects and speaker cables.... "

Every aspect of the physical parameters can result in some difference, but whether the difference is significant in proportion to what someone can actually hear or be willing to spend money is another issue. When the explanation of the physics is not abundantly clear and uncontested this also detracts from the priority.

The feedline to an antenna (analogous to speaker wire) has some critical aspects, these can be clearly seen on the SWR meter and power output meters or even with antenna analyzing test equipment. It is all measureable and understandable. For example it is understandable and measureable why mositure and or dust effects the impedance of plastic coated ladder line and why some choose to use uninsulated wire instead. When everything it tuned up (using measuring instruments), the final effect eg. propagation of signal, can be the same, assuming all parameters have been properly dealt with.

It is the magical mystery tour of the supposed audiophile claims which is offputting to many. When it is impossible to explain, measure, or even demonstrate a difference in a controlled setting, then this involvement takes on a whole other life.....verging on the metaphysical. Some then do not buy into it. Some individuals are more into pragmatism.

Changes can exist, not necessarily better, not necessarily worth the monetary investment, which can also have a suspicious side. The pragmatist wants to seperate physical reality from the psychological effects of salemanship.

hmmm.....going door to door with speaker wire and interconects........SLAM!........

I want a vaccum cleaner strong enough to suck up those encyclopedias.....

C&S

Don't get me wrong. I don't believe in spending hundreds or thousands on cables. But, wether you want to believe it or not, cables DO MAKE A DIFFERENCE!

For instance, just the other day, I switched my speaker cables from Kimber Kable 8TC to Stout-Interconnect Extreme Speaker Cable, and the whole system became thin sounding, with a severe lack of bass. After those, I swithced to some Elf Customcables Inc SILVER SIGNATURE cables. These were much better as far as bass and midrange was concerned, however the treble became closed in and attenuated. This morning, I switched to a pair of Signal Cable's Ultra-Single Wire cables. These are very open on the top end, extended on the bottom end, full in the midrange, and just overall good sounding cables.

Anyone with a good pair of ears and decent equipment would be able to clearly hear the difference between these cables. I would be more than happy to invite you over, have you sit back and listen while I change out the various speaker cables, and prove you wrong every time!

And for good measure, I could prove you wrong some more with several pairs of interconnects I have laying around as well. 10.gif

I never said that cables would not make a difference. "Difference" does not always translate to "better", that is all. I would love to hear a comparision in a situation sometime to see if I trusted my ears to affirm the perception of a significant difference.

In my own system there simply is too much wire involved with the three amplifiers etc. A number 12 high quality braided copper works fine and I got a good deal on a quantity of it so I use it for everything. Making good connections is a big part of it, this is common sense.

Furthermore, I trust my own competence with wiring so the idea of using some kind of audiophile AC cable and plugs really goes over the top in my mind, yet I have heard the same arguments about this wire as well. I do believe in line conditioning and surge protection.

I have too many other elements to adjust and tweak prior to a major involvement in speaker wire differences. It would make more sense to "roll" source media to me. That is to say, if the music didn't sound good, then buy a better quality pressing of the vinyl of the same recording. This is why some people are not happy unless they have rare early pressings which can cost alot. Even then those pressings vary and one could keep searching for a better sounding one. If I were not so involved in the music end, and only played one type of CD, maybe I might arrive at the point where the speaker cables would be something to play with, especially if it were simply a single amp system and the distance to the speakers was reasonable.

Then there is also the matter of not understanding the physics of speaker wire difference. If I truly thought this was an area that was well understood maybe I could get my brain around it. I like mdeneen's idea: he said he could make a box with some switches that would give the same variety of differences you hear by changing the speaker wire. I think it would be cheaper and a whole lot easier than changing the wires.

It was a major installation getting all those wires to all my speakers, I do not want to crawl around behind those things anymore if I can help it.

Anyone perfecting a "wireless" system?

C&S