5.1 bass management

Will the 5.1s send bass from all the inputs to the sub? Or will the sub be used exclusively for the sub input? Also are the sub and center inputs separate, or is it one minijack for both? I am planning to buy a game theater XP, but I think it has only separate RCA outputs for the center and sub. In that case I would need an adapter to connect these to the 5.1's center/sub input, correct?

------------------

Caring is the first step toward disappointment.

Windstorm;

There is bass management in the 5.1, where bass program material from each input is mixed to the sub. Howevwer, for the LFE material to also be present in the sub, you will need to make the connection between the LFE out and the sub in.

Yes, a stereo mini-plug to RCA plug adaptor will be needed to finish your job.

enjoy!

------------------

Klipsch ProMedia Customer Service # is

1-888-554-5665

quote:

Originally posted by Windstorm:

Will the 5.1s send bass from all the inputs to the sub? Or will the sub be used exclusively for the sub input? Also are the sub and center inputs separate, or is it one minijack for both? I am planning to buy a game theater XP, but I think it has only separate RCA outputs for the center and sub. In that case I would need an adapter to connect these to the 5.1's center/sub input, correct?

You'd take the center/sub miniplug, and like yous aid, split it with a 1/8 mini to RCA adaptor. You'll get two RCA's then, one will be your sub, one will be your center.

cwm16.gif