Chorus 2 help

radiob

I have been a long time klipsch lover, in the past, I have owned a set of chorus2s and 2 diferent sets of k-horns. Since that time I have moved to florida got a divorce, and finaly setteld down. Long story short I missed Klipsch for years,so I got the bug,searched and searched for a pair of chorus2s {living room won`t hold horns] and finally found some in new condition out of california, ,Paid$1026 to have them deliverd to my door. I staid home from work today so excited to finally get my klipsch,to my most dissapointment Fed Ex treated them like potatoes, and destroyed the bases,so can someone please help me to find at least one oak oil base prefferably 2. Also I am ready for mods! What can I do to increase performance? Im sporting sunfire tube pre with 600 two signature amp,thanks for any help....radiob

Hey Rob, and welcome. Boy, you've got balls shipping the Chorus across the country! I'm surprised they weren't totally destroyed!

You might build a pair of bases yourself, or have someone build a pair for you. Looks like some oak hardwood, or even MDF/oak veneer, a miter saw and a router would do the trick. I doubt Klipsch parts would have them but you could call.

Do a search using 'Chorus' and ou'll get lots of info and mods for your speakers. Also, you might try a tube amp with them. That's what I would recommend. Either vintage or new will really improve the sound of the Chorus II's.

Keith

Be glad it's only the bases. On mine UPS broke both bases, destroyed both top front corners on both speakers, and split the cabinet, broke the mid horn, and broke the crossover on one of them. I still haven't rebuilt them -- maybe this summer I can get to it.

Any cabinet shop could do the bases for you.

I have shipped dozens of front-end equipment and loudspeakers without any problems as long as they have 2 to 4 of Styrofoam surrounding all six sides and four corners.

Please go ahead and post your room dimensions, music tastes and the components of your home movie and music reproduction system in your Forum profile that way, we can look it up anytime we provide expert advice.

What is your budget what you like to improve?

Where in the long state of sunshine and rain are you? (Feel free to visit anytime you are down West Palm Beach way)

10.gif