What sub for my heresy HT?

dr-dezibel

Please go ahead and post your room dimensions, music tastes and the components of your home movie and music reproduction system in your Forum profile that way, we can look it up anytime we provide expert advice. 4.gif

One of the SVS tubes would probably fill your needs with a heritage HT assuming that is what you are going to do and I would surely recommend you go that route if you are going to use Heresy's as you mains. Its generally not a good idea to mix lines.

I would use a sunfire, you probobly wont need a big one , you can pick up a jr. on ebay for between 500 & 750 bucks. Someone gave me that advise, and I didnt take, it now I am fighting phase issues with a 2000.00$ paradigm. Good luck.

----------------

On 6/8/2004 12:48:15 AM dr-dezibel wrote:

What svs should i buy? 2531+ or 2039+?

My system is used 40 percent music/music-dvds 30 percent games and 30 percent movies.

----------------

Given the varied use... and the fact that either one should keep up well with the Heresys... i'd recommend the 20-39+ which trades a little output for extension.

later...

Rob

PS: Being in germany, i'm not sure i'd drop 190$ (+ duty?) to import a SVS tube. kinda hurts the cost/performance ratio.

Shipping costs are expensive overseas, but when the svs are as good as you guys say i will pay it gladly.

A ksw-15 costs 1000 Euro (about the same in dollars) in germany. For that price i will get the svs 2039+ shipped home.

Most people here at the forum rate the svs higher than the ksw-15.

I'd agree that the SVS is definitely superior to the KSW. Obviously your options will be different than those of many members here... Even in Canada, Klipsch speakers sell at a higher premium than south of the border, while Canadian made speakers like Paradigm are more competitive.

In Europe, REL comes to mind as a good sub manufacturer ... but I don't know what kind of mark-up you'd be looking at.

In any case, the heresy will come alive once you fill in the missing lower octaves...

Rob