Question to Fire Pinch And his Tumult

Jay481985

Hi Jay,

My Tumult subwoofer is a 18x18x18" sealed cube. The woofer will maybe sit in a larger vented cube this summer with two Stryke PR18 radiators, tuned to around 20 Hz. 11.gif But when I read your question again, you seem to want to dimension of the Tumult woofer only??? Do you mean how much space in the enclosure?? Adire Audio told me about 7 liters. But dont be SO SO perfect and accurate in your measurements, you waste your time. You can even have some little differences between different Tumult woofer for the T/S specs!!! Personally, I wanted a Qtc around 0,65 and even if WinISD told me that at 25 Hz, Im loosing quite a lot of dBs, this isnt the case in my room. The sub begins to loose some extension at 25 Hz, I got very surprised! 1.gif So yes, you can trust WinISD, but dont think that you will get the SAME SAME Qtc that you simulated in the end, its almost impossible! Your room and how you will place the sub, how well built your sub will be, all of this will have a large impact for the final results. The enclosure must be GREATLY sealed for that monster, the woofer moves a lot of air and let you know if you have any air leaks easily, specially with lower frequencies.