Lets see YOUR Home Theater:

Pako

[:|]Kain,

Thanks. I have no problem with the bass. I use an Velodyne SMS-1 to smooth out the response the best I can. I have ithem crossed over at 80hz. Though I do not need any buttkicker's in the couch, since my subs move it around quite nicely [:D] The room is only approximately an 11 x 11 ft. room.

Very nice setup Lylefan! I'm enjoying my dual SVS Ultras immensely. I have mine behind my seating position also and they have incredibly high output back there compared to the front of the room where I used to have my subs at.

nowg.jpg

Posted Image

I am using some ProMedia satelittes to bring up the rear, really need soemthing a little more full, but they work for now.

Here is where the components live...

rack003resizedz.jpg

I am in the process of building a stand for the TV and center, HOPEFULLY, well get it started this weekend.

time for some wire management.Smile

Oh yea, once I get the stand built all the wires are disappearing :)

As far as the sub, it's a Phase Linear 10". I got it when I was in the Army stationed in Germany, a friend had the enclosure, which is a Kenwood powered cheapo, and he didn't have the tools to open the hole so the sub could fit, so he just inverted it. It "works", but it is far from what I would like.

xjohnx,

Couple friendly suggestions if that's ok!

I'd shift your setup over to the right so that your left speaker isn't so close to the left wall. You're getting a ton of early reflections from the left speaker since its located so close to the wall. Also, toeing in your front main speakers will help in that area and provide better imaging from the speakers. I'd angle them in slightly towards your main listening position and you can see if you like how they sound.

Also, you really need to give your receiver some room to breathe! Its always dangerous to stack components on top of receivers. The heat generated by the receiver doesn't get to dissipate and any heat generated by the component above it will only add to the problem. If anything, I'd stack the receiver on top of the Samsung.

Hope you're enjoying your Klipsch!

• Moderators

Very cool setup shake.

Quick question. Are your RF-7's always toed in that far or is it just for the picture? If they are, how far are you sitting from your TV? It looks like you would be about 3 feet from your TV.

Im not cracking on any one person, but to me, If im taking pics of my setup to show all the fourm members, I am gonna make sure that everything is dusted, clean looking, my underwear is off the floor, shoes are put away, wiring doesnt look like spaghetti, etc...

Just a quick note for some of the newer members. Setups look a alot better without these things.

• Like 1

Nezff,

You really should not have to remind people to do these things. I think your efforts to help these people are lost on them. There lack of concern over these matters is probably a good reflection of their overall character and you are not going to change that.

Nezff,

You really should not have to remind people to do these things. I think your efforts to help these people are lost on them. There lack of concern over these matters is probably a good reflection of their overall character and you are not going to change that.

not trying to change their character, just trying to change the way people should be taking pictures. $3000 worth of speakers next to dust, grime, and other nasty stuff just looks bad, thats all.

ok back on topic now.

• dtel pinned this topic