Lets see YOUR Home Theater:

Pako

Yes, my Onkyo gets pretty hot and it is a fan. I got it from buyextras.com/cocofankiscs.html and it's the Sony S-flex 120mm ultra quiet fan with a power supply adapter. It's really quiet and plugs right into the back of my receiver.

On the buyextras.com site it says that sight is done but it doesn't tell you where they are now. Any ideas?

Gary that is a paradigm dsp-3400 about 4 days in my house now. Still breaking it in and yes i doubt any dust will ever get in there[;)]. I just put the covers back on the sub and speakers and now they actually match each other quite good. Would have liked a reference sub but i think this one will take me where i want to go. The stand did hide my wires amazingly well, i am really enjoying its looks.

Thanks Blu for the model #, just looked it up and looks like a nice subwoofer for the cost and plays down nice and low. I look toward my Velodyne for the low stuff, its only 250 watts, but does a very good job for my small, dedicated theater for which I decided to REPOST the photo.. Although, all speakers up front are hidden [:)]

Enjoy your new system! [Y]

........Gary

PS. completed a 'livingroom' style theater for my neighbors and decided on a Definitive subwoofer. Only a 10" driver, but 1500w. amp AND, a TUNABLE, ACTIVE high pass xover to drive a main amp! That is almost unheard of. Rated to go down to an incredible 13hz. Ran about $1500, impressive little champ [;)] and fills a 20x14x10' space !!

post-23544-13819555567974_thumb.jpg

post-23544-13819570763674_thumb.jpg

gary i have seen your setup here on the forum before. You are one of the lucky few to have a dedicated ht. You also did a really nice job with it! Great pic by the way, magazine worthy. Yeah i went from 2 velodyne dps-10s to this 14''. The velodynes were 165rms and this is only 300rms. The velodynes did a great job i have to admit. This thing gives some good bass, i am sure i am going to warm up to it alot in the time to come.

I'm fairly convinced now if you don't have Heritage or Reference your considerd dog meat here. How about a separate forum for for Icon or Synergy users?

I feel you are wrong, we love all Klipsch products with in reason, one for another. I just gave away a great a great 5.1 surround system, that consisted of kgs and others. I think no matter what line you can make it work. This just coming from somone who has played around with a couple of differnt setups for my ht.

nick

Yes, my Onkyo gets pretty hot and it is a fan. I got it from buyextras.com/cocofankiscs.html and it's the Sony S-flex 120mm ultra quiet fan with a power supply adapter. It's really quiet and plugs right into the back of my receiver.

On the buyextras.com site it says that sight is done but it doesn't tell you where they are now. Any ideas?

Man, sorry about that. I bought it almost two years ago, I just happened to have the link bookmarked. You might have to google "AV receiver fans" and look around. Also I think newegg has the same fan and you'll just need a AC power adapter.

I'm fairly convinced now if you don't have Heritage or Reference your considerd dog meat here. How about a separate forum for for Icon or Synergy users?

I feel you are wrong, we love all Klipsch products with in reason, one for another. I just gave away a great a great 5.1 surround system, that consisted of kgs and others. I think no matter what line you can make it work. This just coming from somone who has played around with a couple of differnt setups for my ht.

nick

Yeah Dude, Just had a moment there.....sorry folks for the rant............

My Icons are rockin' the house.........

Hey there Blu....

Thanks for your nice compliment on the photo, I figured you and others probably saw it before, but just in case newer 'members' wanted to know what speakers 'hidden' ment [;)]. Great on the Velodyne pair you had. HA!, you know what they always say, they work better in 'pairs' and I wonder if another Paradigm dsp-3400 is in your future ? ......Nah....

Well, enjoy it, my single old F1500-r does well for the small space here, and two of them probably would be over kill anyway [:o]

Take care, have fun [:)]

............Gary

Man, sorry about that. I bought it almost two years ago, I just happened to have the link bookmarked. You might have to google "AV receiver fans" and look around. Also I think newegg has the same fan and you'll just need a AC power adapter.

No problem. Its weird that they just ended in Feb on that site but on forwarding link to the new site. I wonder if they went under?

I personally don't feel that way about systems that have other Klipsch lines in them but I think others have picked up on that vibe too. I think thats why some Chorus/Forte owners are pushing so hard for the group to accept those speakers into the Heritage family. They are great speakers but don't fall under that same umbrella of respect that the currently accepted Heritage do on this forum.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. To me its all a name. All I think we should worry about is if it sound great or not!!

• Moderators

I'm not sure this is a fair statement. I think that many of us prefer heritage and reference lines but the icon and synergy have their places as well. The majority of us respect other's systems, no matter what line they are from. Not everyone has the space for heritage. Not everyone has the budget for reference. The synergy offers a more budget friendly speaker and the icon offers speakers that have a high WAF.

I would say that most of us are here because we love the sound of Klipsch. Bottom line is that if it sounds good to you, then that is the right speaker for you. I do not feel inferior because I do not have a pair of Khorns. I'm not here to impress anyone but me. [;)]

What Youthman said here is very impressive........... "I'm not here to impress anyone but me. "

Great reply Youthman, I like the Icon stuff I'm playing around with now, so that's fine with me.

I'm selling my LaScalas because they aren't right for me right now in this house.

Greetings

I think thats why some Chorus/Forte owners are pushing so hard for the group to accept those speakers into the Heritage family. They are great speakers but don't fall under that same umbrella of respect that the currently accepted Heritage do on this forum.

Excuse me? Nobody pushed for anything. Chorus/Forte have been unamed basically for 25 years. Klipsch announced that they are Heritage not any of us end users. I don't remember anyone saying please,please name the Chorus/Forte Heritage.

If Klipsch says that Chorus/Forte are Hertiage then thats what they are. They did design them you know. They do own the company. They can call them any damn thing they want to. If they say my Chorus II's are Heritage who are you to tell me different?

Its more of the Cornwall fanatics getting all worked up. I've had Cornwalls side by side with my Chorus II's in my house. I know which one is better.

I think thats why some Chorus/Forte owners are pushing so hard for the group to accept those speakers into the Heritage family. They are great speakers but don't fall under that same umbrella of respect that the currently accepted Heritage do on this forum.

Excuse me? Nobody pushed for anything. Chorus/Forte have been unamed basically for 25 years. Klipsch announced that they are Heritage not any of us end users. I don't remember anyone saying please,please name the Chorus/Forte Heritage.

If Klipsch says that Chorus/Forte are Hertiage then thats what they are. They did design them you know. They do own the company. They can call them any *** thing they want to. If they say my Chorus II's are Heritage who are you to tell me different?

Its more of the Cornwall fanatics getting all worked up. I've had Cornwalls side by side with my Chorus II's in my house. I know which one is better.

LOL stormin! You really got your gut into this issue!

• dtel pinned this topic