Lets see YOUR Home Theater:

Pako

curious dmaul how the center sounds it looks really really high up and shooting straight forward, i had mine to low for sometime til i got a new stand and now its ear level made a big difference

The picture doesnt do it justice. Its actually pointing down directly to the listening position. It sounds great in the position it is in now. I had it in line with the fronts on a stand but decided to move it above the tv. It sounds identical above the tv as it did right in your face (eq'd and distance set accordingly).

Dmau187, nice setup... Cool

What do you have the XPA-5 running since you have 7 speakers?

James

Thanks James. I have the XPA-5 running my front stage (l/c/r) and my side surrounds. For now the 3900 is running the back surrounds. I have a set of RS-62's and RS-52's on the way to replace my current surround speakers.

if i aimed those 81s strait id miss a bit, i used to like how they were hanged til yesterday when i was walking and forgot the left one was there, WHAM needless to say they hold steady and my head gave way before the speaker moved as its about 40lbs hanging around, a bit of cussing helped remedy the pain i was in plus i just had to gaze into the speakers grill and i forgave it :D

ive got the front 3 biamped plus one on each rear is 8 :) , im curious to try bridging but maybe another day they already drown out my rears ive got front 3 -12db and rears up +12db, funny you ask about the tv i listed it for sale to get a 60 inch plasma i truely want something bigger now that the sound is there, i have 0 complaints on the picture quality it is easily the best set if had so far but there are now larger fish in the sea for a fair price, saw avatar on bluray with it and the colors are amazing im not sure i can get much better there for money but 10 more inches will make me very happy but if it doesnt sell im not concerned ive other things to upgrade yet like my sub, i sold my dlp when i moved and used my old hd widescreen tube tv until i found this, needless to say night and day between the sets

wow yeah that sound has to be amazing. I sold my last set to get a bigger than 52'' but i got a great deal on the 5100. I plan to sell it and go with a 60'' lcd in a few months. I will post a pic of my system here in another few weeks when i get a tv stand to accomodate my center and components. Good luck with the sub get the pb13 ultra for some asthetics.

if done right a transition to a 60" plasma should be nearly free :) so i just need to sell it and it should be nearly painless to get the 60" minus a bit of driving, im in need of an audio rack yet but have not found anything to suite my taste or match up with what i have and im just waiting to sell the sub and nab a 13 ultra but if i can sell quick enough i found a definitive tech trinity for sale nearby as well which should be ok as well but still expensive, gl on the tv stand make sure to measure out for future uses and current uses, getting some crazy large center or anything else can put a damper on a nice stand quickly

Quick question that I think I already know the answer to. I've got a really old pair of Polk bookshelf speakers, but they are pretty good ones. I bought them like 10 years ago. Would they at all match up with the system I have as rear surrounds, or just better of using 5.1 with the system I already have? I mean its no big deal, I have my old Yamaha receiver and i could use that to run my Polks in the garage or even in my bed room if I wanted to just to have a new system. But just wondering if you can mix and match though I doubt its a good idea, I would think the pitch, tone, etc.. would be totally differrent between one speaker brand and another. Thanks, the speakers are probably kind of like this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/polk-audio-monitor-bookshelf-SPEAKERS-mini-monitor-NICE-/270577601769?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Speakers_Subwoofers&hash=item3effae8ce9

Mark

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Well lets call this my testroom because it is not even my HT, my HT room is "slightly" larger and a project that will take around a year or two to complete.

Here is just about the most displacement any HT system in any room has...all in a 700cu ft space(room has an upper section of another 700cu ft).

This is under half of the current displacement, and what you see a quarter of the amp capability.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Since this is a Klipsch forum here...a few of my many Klipsch speakers I own...

Posted Image

• dtel pinned this topic