Lets see YOUR Home Theater:

Pako

Ok here is my basement home theatre/man room. Please forgive the furniture as it is all old apartment stuff we pulled out of storage on a temp basis for this room. I eventually want a giant fluffy sectional. I like to lay down when I watch movies and games so the theatre seating is a no-go for me.

Stairs

IMG_6271.jpg

IMG_6271.jpg

Basement

?action=view&current=IMG_6262.jpgIMG_6262.jpg

IMG_6239.jpg

IMG_6294.jpg

IMG_6294.jpg

ok so those were the basic layout pics. These next couple are of the screen for the projector. The screen is made from a sheet of masonite with some "special" paint on it and a bsic flat black border for a crisp edge.

IMG_6251.jpg

IMG_6277.jpg

Just a close up of the square edge. I still have to cover the nail heads and do some touch up painting.

IMG_6280.jpg

These are of the projector set up. It is an Epson 8500UB. I countersunk it into the back wall. The room behind is just open basement so it was really easy to run the wires and set up the projector box. Even though the projector is front vented I want to add a small fan to the back of the box for more air movement.

IMG_6257.jpg

IMG_6258.jpg

This is the back

IMG_6261.jpg

IMG_6260.jpg

This is the picture it puts out. I have my screen set to 97 inches. Any larger I found to be a bit annoying on the eyes. As you can see from the previous pics the seating is about 8-9 feet away.

IMG_6275.jpg

Under the stairs is where most of the equipment is. I plan on moving the router and cablebox outside the room in the future...there is just too much messy wire thing going on.

IMG_6242.jpg

Messy wires! All are basically hidden unless you look hard. The main viewing area is totally clear of wires so that was most important to me.

IMG_6243.jpg

IMG_6288.jpg

IMG_6290.jpg

IMG_6293.jpg

IMG_6303.jpg

So here are some of the other components bd/pc/ps3..ect.

IMG_6296.jpg

That is my AVR Onkyo TX-SR608 It sit just outside the room with cables going through the wall. I am in the process of building a shelving unit and moving some more things outside the room.

IMG_6259.jpg

The HTPC

IMG_6301.jpg

ps3 and my old HD300 sub hiding in the corner. That is the sub I am looking to replace with a Synergy Sub 12

IMG_6256.jpg

IMG_6255.jpg

Ok so now I'll show ya'll the speakers. You already saw 1 sub...this is my second sub. It's hiding under my chair. The wires you see is where my keyboard hooks up for pc gaming.

IMG_6264.jpg

IMG_6265.jpg

IMG_6266.jpg

ok we'll start small with the speakers. These first 2 are my left and right rear's. They are Klipsch HD300 sats

IMG_6246.jpg

IMG_6244.jpg

These nest 2 are my regular surrounds. They are F2's

IMG_6247.jpg

IMG_6242.jpg

IMG_6254.jpg

Now for the front mains and the center. F3's and a C3.

IMG_6249.jpg

This is my C3. I built the shelf it's on out of oak and stained it "Onyx". Thought about painting it flat black to match the screen boarder but the oak is too pretty to hide with paint.

IMG_6283.jpg

Pay no attentin to the foot! lol...you can see the holes in the wall behind the C3. I had previously mounted 4 HD300 sat's there and was runing that as my center. It sounded pretty good actually. However I bought into the upgrade"itis" and bought the C3. The holes are not visible from the front or the sides really as the C3 is quite and hides it well. I do plan on patching those holes and painting the wall the screen is on a darker color that what it is now (Gloss white)

IMG_6286.jpg

I see now that I am posting this next pic that I forgot to put the oak plugs in to cover the screws on the brackets. I went through the trouble to stain them I should really use them!

IMG_6248.jpg

Just a front shot from the vewing area

IMG_6253.jpg

IMG_6299.jpg

...and this would be the odds and ends of the room.

Dehumidifier....Beer Fridge....Air Filter on top of the fridge to keep dust down. Router..cable box..PC..and the F2

IMG_6242.jpg

My "industrial" light switch at the top of the stairs.

IMG_6272.jpg

Cat door in wall allows for cat access to scratch up my speakers when I'm not home! It is right behind the dehumidifier

IMG_6268.jpg

IMG_6269.jpg

Needs no explanation:

IMG_6305.jpg

...and finally the old Polk Monitor 60's I "upgraded" from. I actually liked the polk's quite a bit for their price ($225 for the pair shipped)

IMG_6297.jpg

IMG_6298.jpg

• dtel pinned this topic