Lets see YOUR Home Theater:

Pako

I finally have everything setup at my new apartment. Only took about a month to get everything in, and setup, including the couch. To put the small size into perspective. The apt main room is 10' wide x 20' (window wall till breakfast bar). I would have loved to get larger speakers, but the RF-52s where as large as I could go...as you can see, I am squeezing a lot into my little pad.

List of goodies:
Samsung UN55C8000 TV
Onkyo TX-SR608
PS3 Slim
APC HT-15
Crappy Time Warner Cable HD-DVR
RF-52
RC-52
RS-42
no sub at this time...soon. Probabbly get a small 8"/10" on put it on subdude or spikes.

Also hooked up is:
Scott 299-B
Rega P2
Klipsch Heresy II's - in loft on first pic :0

IMG_9622.JPG

IMG_9625.JPG

IMG_9627.JPG

IMG_9626.JPG

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Yep should sound better that way, I think it looks better too. Personally I would have the gap on both sides and put the sub on the other side of your main speaker and if the sub is in a corner it should have a little more bass output.

Also try toeing in your mains just a little bit more, play around with the angle to see what sounds best at your listening position.

[Y]

I agree, it's not like you don't have a good center, glad you tried it.

• Moderators

I finally have everything setup at my new apartment. Only took about a month to get everything in, and setup, including the couch. To put the small size into perspective. The apt main room is 10' wide x 20' (window wall till breakfast bar). I would have loved to get larger speakers, but the RF-52s where as large as I could go...as you can see, I am squeezing a lot into my little pad.

I think you did good, for being small it looks nice the way you set it up, you can't miss anything during a game from where you sit. [Y]

I think you did good, for being small it looks nice the way you set it up, you can't miss anything during a game from where you sit. Yes

Thanks Dtel, and oh yeah it is cozy cumfy seat. Finally got Audyessy setup on the reciever. Sounds
really good now. I love sitting 7' from the 55" screen. Right there in
the recommended seating range. 55" screen x 1.5 = seating distance
(82.5" or ~7'). BluRays don't get any better.

Jason, No office up in the loft. To small, my head is about 2" from ceiling when kneeling up there. I just use it for storage.

I think you did good, for being small it looks nice the way you set it up, you can't miss anything during a game from where you sit. Yes

Thanks Dtel, and oh yeah it is cozy cumfy seat. Finally got Audyessy setup on the reciever. Sounds really good now. I love sitting 7' from the 55" screen. Right there in the recommended seating range. 55" screen x 1.5 = seating distance (82.5" or ~7'). BluRays don't get any better.

Jason, No office up in the loft. To small, my head is about 2" from ceiling when kneeling up there. I just use it for storage.

Great job it looks great !!!

• 2 weeks later...

Well, here goes. Just got a nice digital camera so thought I'd post some pictures of my HT. It's a big room and other than the main speakers up front and the subwoofer, all the other speakers are in the ceiling. The TV is a Samsung 55", the first LED LCD they had. It sits on a BDI Revo stand that rotates. Behind the glass doors is the Denon 4810 receiver, the Oppo Blu Ray player, an older multidisc Yamaha DVD/CD player, a Panamax power supply, and a Sonance 4 pair speaker selector. All the wiring comes in behind the BDI stand through data port cable outlets (the kind with the fibers covering the opening). I spent a lot of time wiring this monster up and everything is very neatly zip-tied and looks like big old cables coming in the back. The mains are Klipsch RF-7s, the center is an RC-64, the subwoofer is an SVS Ultra cylindrical sub. The front height speakers are Klipsch THX Ultra 2s as well as the R/L surrounds. The rear surrounds are smaller Klipsch 5800s. The receiver can do a 9.3 system, but I have it as a 9.1 currently. I do switch between the Pro Logic IIx and IIz on ocassion. Currently there are 18 speakers running off the Denon receiver. I like the hidden look of the system and the in-ceiling THX speakers do an awesome job. All the wiring goes up into the attic, so you see almost nothing for wiring, except for the short leads for the mains. I'll usually scoot the left main over a few feet to the left to help even out the soundstage, get it a little more in line with the left height speaker. The Denon receiver has been set up with Audyssey.

post-36327-13819617644402_thumb.jpg

post-36327-13819621450026_thumb.jpg

Thanks. Here's another angle. You can see some of the THX speakers in the ceiling. The sub is the black tall cylinder in the far corner, partially hidden by the chair. No, I don't have the RC-64 centered down at all. It just sits flat on the shelf. It's about 14 feet from the speaker to the 'sweet spot' on the couch, so I'm not sure if it would make much difference. Haven't tried it though.

And, yes, it's a Canon 5D Mark II, just got it. I'm curious how you knew.

Very nice setup bone. Beautiful room and speakers. Just curious if your center channel is angled down some towards your listening area.

How do you like the 5D Mark II?

post-36327-13819617658056_thumb.jpg

post-36327-1381962145899_thumb.jpg

• dtel pinned this topic