Lets see YOUR Home Theater:

Pako

• Moderators

7 identical full-size speakers (well, except for one black one)! That must be fantastic for Blu Ray concerts!

Yes it is. [:P]

98, very nice, and you are MUCH more organized with the wires than me, mine looks like everything was picked up turned around a few times and set back down. [:|]

Yes, agreed. Very polished system with plenty of guts. I aspire to reach that level of first class looks.

I'm back to 7.2 and this picture shows a small change in configuation as suggested by the manual; The front heights belong in the 45 degree position from the centerpoint listening position. As an 11.3, a couple of small Pioneer subs are located behind the seats and let me bounce around a little during some of my favorite movie passages and serious ballsy music. Its not as if the two RT12ds don't move things that aren't securely fixed, I just like the extra bass as a bassman would. I have to tell you that its hard for me to describe how happy this has all made me. Once the projector gets here every thing else to put a proper finish on things is pure icing on the cake.

Now's a good time to pick up older Reference speakers when the new series are being introduced. No way I could have gotten recent purchases otherwise. I paid cheap.

I'll follow up with another little bit of my humor in keeping with the mug shot and dead Denon.

post-32935-13819618469708_thumb.jpg

post-32935-13819622081046_thumb.jpg

Where my 4810 seems to like spending time lately. On twenty-ninth street in NYC. Nice people who do good work and great customer service, but its about 60miles away from my HT so it doesn't sound so hot from there.

60 miles.... wow that's far. You should treat yourself on the way home or on the way there to pick up your AVR or heck both ways to a McRib.

post-16829-13819618481276_thumb.jpg

post-16829-1381962209137_thumb.jpg

Well, it's nothing fancy - I have to share the room with my 3 young daughters and my wife (who just doesn't understand). I have a nice rectangular room, and I am able to position my seat in the middle of the room (roughly) with plenty of room behind the couch to the rear wall (where the kids play and keep their toys). I love my 5.1 system, and it really rocks the place. I recently moved from an infocus 4805 front projections system that used to completely fill the fireplace wall, to a smaller 63" Samsung Plasma. I gotta say I love the Plasma! It's great as a PC monitor in this room as well!

...sub hides behind the audio cabinet out of site in the corner

frontHT.jpg

backtHT.jpg

Back to my dilemma. I don't, and it seems a lot of members of the forum, don't have a lot of faith in power conditioners. However, I've had two trips to the Elecronics Doctor in two weeks so I'm willing to throw a few bucks into something that is not going to hurt any thing at least, My Tech, Mike, tells me he's got some outraegous system and he believes that grounding is numereo uno in protecting it. Mike didn't dissuade me from using the conditioner, in fact Mike said he uses a better one so I'm going to go with what I can afford here. You can bet your bottom dollar, I'll be taking a good hard look at how my home is grounded as well.

If your're wondering, this is my secondary amplifier (Denon 4306) shown in the picture which ultimately will be used to power the surround back speakers to give me the tenth and eleventh speakers in my 11.3 system. I won't have my 4810 for almost a week and I don't like that...at all.

Woe is me.

post-32935-13819618522962_thumb.jpg

post-32935-13819622124826_thumb.jpg

Update to my system pic.. Stuffed my huge RC64 into the top shelf, the subs are MFW-15's from the now defunct AV123.

HomeTheater~~element44.jpg

Is that an electric fake fire place?

Yep, I wish we had a real fireplace but what can ya do, buy a fake one!

I am worried about the heat period directly under my system, I have been looking at these lately but worried.

let us know if it heats up the gear.

Nick

Well, it's nothing fancy - I have to share the room with my 3 young daughters and my wife (who just doesn't understand). I have a nice rectangular room, and I am able to position my seat in the middle of the room (roughly) with plenty of room behind the couch to the rear wall (where the kids play and keep their toys). I love my 5.1 system, and it really rocks the place. I recently moved from an infocus 4805 front projections system that used to completely fill the fireplace wall, to a smaller 63" Samsung Plasma. I gotta say I love the Plasma! It's great as a PC monitor in this room as well!

...sub hides behind the audio cabinet out of site in the corner

frontHT.jpg

backtHT.jpg

Very nice HT cozy !!

Update to my system pic.. Stuffed my huge RC64 into the top shelf, the subs are MFW-15's from the now defunct AV123.

HomeTheater~~element44.jpg

Is that an electric fake fire place?

Yep, I wish we had a real fireplace but what can ya do, buy a fake one!

I am worried about the heat period directly under my system, I have been looking at these lately but worried.

let us know if it heats up the gear.

Nick

The heat it puts out gets blown forward and can't affect the gear, after running the heater for 8 hours last night nothing above the unit was even warm to the touch. So it has worked out well, having the big shelf helps as well.

• dtel pinned this topic