Lets see YOUR Home Theater:

Pako

Update to my system pic.. Stuffed my huge RC64 into the top shelf, the subs are MFW-15's from the now defunct AV123.

HomeTheater~~element44.jpg

I like it !!! Wow that was a tight squeeze Surprise

Yeah that's for sure, the fit is almost as if they were made for each other. I'm very happy there are no rear firing ports or this would not have worked out so well. My wife did not like the size of the RC64 but having it inside the shelf and she can hardly tell it's there so it was a big win for me.

Thanks for the kind words. Yep, i keep trying to upgrade/change the 5.5s b/c my wife thinks they are too big. However, everything I try and throw against them suffers (badly) in comparison, so they remain. I think I'm going to finally do the Crites upgrades to the diaphrams and the crossovers this winter! I'd love to hear that KG 5.5 x 7 room!

Well, it's nothing fancy - I have to share the room with my 3 young daughters and my wife (who just doesn't understand). I have a nice rectangular room, and I am able to position my seat in the middle of the room (roughly) with plenty of room behind the couch to the rear wall (where the kids play and keep their toys). I love my 5.1 system, and it really rocks the place. I recently moved from an infocus 4805 front projections system that used to completely fill the fireplace wall, to a smaller 63" Samsung Plasma. I gotta say I love the Plasma! It's great as a PC monitor in this room as well!

...sub hides behind the audio cabinet out of site in the corner

frontHT.jpg

backtHT.jpg

Very nice HT cozy !!

I am decideing between a 65" Panasonic plasma or a projector ( either the new Epson (around 3K) or the Panasonic 4000)

Why did you switch... what difference in picturer quality ? Would you do it again ???

yeah I can see what you mean. The fan noise is a a little taxing but most of the time I dont notice it. The heat build up in my small room is also annoying during the summer but it is a bonus during the winter! lol Of course I f could get a 100 inch screen in TV form fo reven close to the money I spent I would go with that. Although a TV has a couple of it's own drawbacks. But simply for the higher quality picture the TV would win out. ( assuming money was close).

A 63-inch plasma is getting up there in size!

When I'me all done, I will have upgraded to 63 or 65-inch from my 50-inch to watch TV every evening, and will have a drop-down 2.35:1 screen and projector for weekly movie. When I'm done...

Screens certainly span quite the range in price, and I have no real way of knowing if paying 5 times as much might be worth it. I see manual pull-down screens starting at $200 or so, and motorized ones starting at $350 or so. But they go to the thousands of dollars, which I'm not going to go for myself. I'd like a motorized one myself.

Its not an 11.3 as we write but will be soon. Honest to God ladies and gentleman. There is so much going on in my life right now that is seems to take me an hour to write one sentence...exaggeration of course, but I gusss many members are busy trying to make a buck last and just plain have fun. I feel like I reached a real milestone getting even styrofoam up there to party on. Its hard to tell from the pic but the rich saturation with the bluray is unbelievable.

post-32935-13819618709902_thumb.jpg

post-32935-13819622273744_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

Screens certainly span quite the range in price, and I have no real way of knowing if paying 5 times as much might be worth it.

I went through the same dilemma. I chose to go with an Elite Cinescope Screen, paid $563.00. It was actually more than I wanted to spend but I like it a lot. The Carada screens are highly praised but was a few hundred more so I opted to go with the Elite.

OK, so..... Here is my Living Room/ Home Theater. Yes; that is my self built super computer running the music and 1080p video..... (Last year's Sharp Aquos 52")

I am envious of all of you home owners with dedicated rooms; but I think this is the best an apartment living room can get in such a small space.......

post-14727-13819618755034_thumb.jpg

post-14727-138196223102_thumb.jpg

• dtel pinned this topic