Lets see YOUR Home Theater:

Pako

Good morning everyone.

FIRST, I want to thank TheFactor - OdysseyRevolver - Iron Save and ooBilloo for your very nice comments on the music room and theatre projects, really makes it worth it if only in pictures... seeing and hearing in person is nicer, wish you lived closer! Smile

Jackson Bart. I think you are still sad that there were NO explosions or fire with the first startup of the Dynaco MKIII's ........always the jokester for sure Wink

Bill, how about some photos from your K'horn setup with the MKlll's ??

I LOVE the sound this combo makes AND, I will get some close up photos of the pre-amp for you.

Nice on the Project TT. I picked up a MusicHall 5.1 (has the Project tone arm as you know) you probably noticed in my signature. This has caused me to enjoy once again my old LP collection AND to search out new releases. Its a fun ride! Next project for the two channel setup is a nice old Teac R to R which has the two separate preamps and logic controls. I have a new collection of pre-records I have been stock piling from eBay winnings, some NEVER played!! THEN, that Pioneer Elite multi player yet to be added.

Behind the curtain you ask.....?

Well, a basic 7.1 Onkyo unit (90w per.......plenty for the small theater) and a trusty old Velodyne F1500R which provides a nice quality low end for critical listening in stereo or SACD , and just enough output for movies at SAFE listening levels. There is also an early stand alone SACD player by Phillips (7955A) along with the usual compliment of 3 front speakers. ALL hidden behind a quality black velure curtain for which the remote controls STILL work which amazes me Big Smile NO led displays/pilot lights are seen to distract the viewer/listener along with ZERO outside light during daylight hour entertainment.

Thanks again guys. Perhaps I will get photos of just the elements of the theater.

All best,

Gary

Tigerman,

I will provide photos, because of my job I am moving, when the dust settles I will have something to show.

I claim Massachusetts since that is where I was born and raised. I frequent "Home" often. I would gladly like to meet up and listen.

Here is what is left, since the rest is packed up.

picture.php?albumid=161&pictureid=5562

Bill

Mine objects to the quantity and claims we ought to live in a big speaker box.

Good sense of humor but now that we're in a real HT spot...downstairs, the complaints have almost ceased. I can't blame her for getting all bent when the system was in my master br. Wires, speakers, and avrs all over the place waiting to be moved.

Soon the basement will be finished and all will be well. By the way there is another RT12d on the other side.

I'm waiting for my Denon 4810 from repairs and will then be able to resume full 11.3.

post-32935-13819619493758_thumb.jpg

post-32935-13819622869622_thumb.jpg

i put two rb-3's on my desk as computer speakers.....that didnt go over very well, but that could also be i had the rb-5's are rears and well, we live in an apt and dont really have room for them. I dont think she really mind it because it sounds good and shes a movie buff, she used to work at a movie theater back when she wa slike 15 or 16. Its just when the speakers are too large for a spot or where i buy speakers and dont use them that she has a problem. Shes been quite tolerant of everything but she knows its a hobby of mine.

Nice audio / movie systems gents...

Well, here is a side note for you all.......... I see that one is STILL hardpressed to find NEW movie releases in 7.1 ! You know, we get our home systems all up to date and then we end up with a pair of SILENT rear surrounds! (sorry, I don't believe in matrixed ANYthing.... I want to hear just what the engineers intended discrete or bust [:)])

JUST bought Avatar. This collectors edition comes with THREE versions of the movie, something like eight hours of stuff... AUDIO formats you ask? 5.1 !!! Madening...

Sorry, just had to rant.

....Gary

JUST bought Avatar. This collectors edition comes with THREE versions of the movie, something like eight hours of stuff... AUDIO formats you ask? 5.1 !!! Madening...

Sorry, just had to rant.

....Gary

No need to apologize. It is just a practical outlook on how to invest your hard earned dollars. Klipsch surrounds are not cheap so thinking about the payback just makes good economic sense.

I appreaciate you reminding us that it is not always about the hardware.

So been a long time fan of Klipsch and on my 3rd set of Klipsch speakers now. My dedicated room is presently being built (7m x 4.5m). Has Klipsch RF35's, RC64, 4 x RS62's, going to buy two new subs. Have a JVC HD550B, Anamorphic Lens, 138" scope acoustically transparent Stewart filmscreen, a Toshba HD-DVD XE1, Playstation PS3 (going to upgrade), Denon 2807 (going to upgrade), Elektra Theatron 7 Power Amp, Topfield 7000+ PVR, buying a DVDO scalar (not sure which model yet). Hopefully all sorted in the next month or two as the building is underway.

Nice seats! Nice speakers up front! Nice full-range speakers in the back too! Just about the biggest screen without going with a projector. I bet it's great!

Is there an AV rack somewhere? I also don't want to see AV lights up front and I keep the gear in the back of the room. Thank godness for monoprice for the cheap 35-foot HDMI cable to reach the display from back there!

• dtel pinned this topic