Lets see YOUR Home Theater:

Pako

Hello there Nezff ! GREAT room you have there, nicely done!!, AND a huge screen to go with it!

I must say, before we bought the home we have now, we looked at another house that had a room IDENTICAL to what you have there, and your idea was where I was headed should we have bought that home! I was already picturing bringing up all those heavy components up a stairwell similar to yours. I think I have photos from that open house and I will try to get one up for you to see.

nezff,

Have you thought at all about putting your RC-64 on the top of your TV stand and putting your TV on top of it? I don't think the RC-64 would have a problem handling the weight and I would imagine it would help improve the sound quite a bit instead of it almost sitting on the floor.

I think it's cool you went with black blinds behind the TV. TV stand looks sharp. Just curious how well the back row hears the center channel since the front row will block much of the sound.

He could add a riser for the second row. Maybe a double-SPUD riser! [;)]

• Moderators

I doubt much sound is being blocked. It's much like that debate that was on speakers too close to a ceiling fan.

I would think that would be different. The fan is "moving" sound, the front seating and people would be "blocking" sound. I would think there would be a difference. Either way, if he is like me, most of the time I have only the front seats occupied.

I will be adding a riser when I get the funds. The center channel was quite the headache. I built two tv stands to get the tv at eye level when seated. I actually thought of putting out front of the tv on a stand. I'm still throwing ideas around. Sub placement, center placement etc...

I doubt much sound is being blocked. It's much like that debate that was on speakers too close to a ceiling fan.

I would think that would be different. The fan is "moving" sound, the front seating and people would be "blocking" sound. I would think there would be a difference. Either way, if he is like me, most of the time I have only the front seats occupied.

I agree, but a lot here are putting a whole lot of theatre in a smaller room.

so IMHO, you aren't missing much.

• Moderators

I will be adding a riser when I get the funds. The center channel was quite the headache. I built two tv stands to get the tv at eye level when seated. I actually thought of putting out front of the tv on a stand. I'm still throwing ideas around. Sub placement, center placement etc...

That's part of the fun....the process. It looks great and I'm sure it sounds fantastic as well. Did you build the entertainment center that is there now?

It looks very nice, did your father do the other beautiful woodwork in your home as well?

I wouldn't worry about the center being so low, as long as the voices seem to come from the actors on screen that's what is important and I think you are probably just fine, of course listening is the only true way to tell.

I think that some accoustic treatments would be great on those vaulted ceilings adding both to the appearance and sound quality.

I also like how you added doors for the dwarfs in your neighborhood [;)] seriously I am sure that is where your equipment is and it is a nice touch.

Lol. One small door leads to the attic. The other to the a/c room. The bonus room has it's own 16 seer 1.5 ton a/c unit.

No. I sub contracted all the trimwork out when building the house. I'll take some pics if the rest of the house when I get home in the morning.

Thanks guys for all the comments.

• dtel pinned this topic