Lets see YOUR Home Theater:

Pako

Well after procrastinating for a year or so, I finally got around to redoing my living room. We put in a new wood floor, fresh paint on the walls, and a new recliner couch and loveseat. I also had a custom audio rack made with custom stands for the rear Heresy's. The racks are made from plated aircraft aluminum, and stained 1.5" maple shelves, which I had to recess into the rack to allow for the height of the turntable not interfering with the new 63" Samsung plasma TV. I also bought a used pre-pro (Anthem D2), Acurus A200 amp for the rears and an Oppo BDP-83SE that I share between my 2-ch system (CD's) and HT system (everything else).

It's taken me awhile to get familiar with the new gear, and do the initial settings for everything. After about a month I'll start tweaking and try the room correction software (ARC) that comes with the D2. So far, I am very impressed with how it sounds.

I am attaching a few pics of the near finished product.

Mike

post-6388-13819634769242_thumb.jpg

Nice rack, I like it...

I too always like a nice rack........ No but Mike really nice room, quick question how far apart are those K-horns from corner to corner, and how does it sound. Last but not least I hope you have a piece of glass on top of that one Heresy so you don't get a water ring from that plant(those are some nice matching veneered speakers). But nice clean looking setup.

Very clean and classy setup Mike. Nice job.

Thanks, Youth! It actually looks a lot better than the pictures convey. Now I just need to add the little details that bring it all together. I have some Godfather posters that I'm thinking of framing and hanging on the back wall behind the couch.

Mike

Nice rack, I like it...

I too always like a nice rack........ No but Mike really nice room, quick question how far apart are those K-horns from corner to corner, and how does it sound. Last but not least I hope you have a piece of glass on top of that one Heresy so you don't get a water ring from that plant(those are some nice matching veneered speakers). But nice clean looking setup.

Thanks for the nice comments. The Khorns are 9.5' apart from inside corner to inside corner. The rack is 6' wide and the TV is 5' wide. As for the plant, it's fake. [:D]

Mike

tidy rack.

nice job.

maybe you should put your turntable in the middle . just thought it would look symmetrical Wink

The 2 channel rig is all on the right side of the rack, and are the only components made of wood, so I wanted them all together. Thanks for the nice comments.

Mike

• Moderators

Just started setting these up today. Along with a Danley DTS-10 sub horn in the next room (fires into the room from behind the curtain), this home theater should be dynamic to say the least.

Wow wards....that's just sick!

What are the two components on the bottom left and right side of your rack? I'm assuming they are amps but cannot make them out.

Is that a Martin Logan center channel? How does that blend with the Jubes?

Wow wards....that's just sick!

What are the two components on the bottom left and right side of your rack? I'm assuming they are amps but cannot make them out.

Is that a Martin Logan center channel? How does that blend with the Jubes?

The amps are Ampzilla 2000 by Spread Spectrum Technologies. They will drive the bass bins. I'll use tubes for the horns. All handled by an EV DX-38 active crossover. Still working on getting all that setup, so no listening yet. I just put these in this afternoon.

Just started setting these up today. Along with a Danley DTS-10 sub horn in the next room (fires into the room from behind the curtain), this home theater should be dynamic to say the least.

jubs1.jpg

Wow. Jub's look great. You need to start a thread on this setup.

• dtel pinned this topic