Lets see YOUR Home Theater:

Pako

Haha. The yawning cat? Thanks for the comments. It also helps working at Best Buy and getting sick pricing on all that equipment. They always have Klipsch accommodations, dirt cheap accessories, and I bought my Denon AVR-3310ci for $250 since it was a end of life shelf display. Big Smile I just hope that Best Buy ends up getting the new reference series. Right now, the only Klipsch related products they have in Magnolia are the Energy speakers and Mirage speakers. Magnolia also just started carrying B&W speakers, which sound beautiful, but they are a tad too polite for my taste.

Not to get off topic from the "Lets see YOUR Home Theater", but I had a question for cornfedksboy. I see in your sig that you have rf-62's and wf-35s. I currently could get a pair of rf-82s for about $100 more than what I could sell my wf-34s for. Now I love my wf-34s, and I heard that the rf-82s mid range isn't as good, but that it has more bass punch and sharper highs. What are your thoughts on this since you have a very similar setup to compare? Is it worth going through the trouble of the selling and buying process?

Well, I've only hooked up the WF-35s and listened to them in 2.1 channel...the rest of the ICON speakers are on a shelf right now waiting for my theater room construction to be complete (Valentine's day hopefully). I don't have the best ears, but I would say that the reviews you have read are right on. There is definately more bass and brighter highs with the reference series. The two channel listening without a sub is great with the reference series if you are into rock/alternative. For the Black Eyed Peas, Dr. Dre and the like, a sub is still neccessary for my 62s. You would notice a HUGE difference going from the WF-34s to the RF-82s in the low end. I think you would be wowed by the difference there.

As for the mids, yeah the icon Ws are much better, but hey when you're spending big bucks on a stereo/HT, I would go for the wow factor of the bass and horn (depending on your listening preference, the horn might be too much). In order to compensate for the lack of clear mid-range, I would say that a timbre matched RC-62 is a must for HT usage with the RF-82s. That said, I actually prefer the sound of my WF-35s to my RF-62s. They are cleaner, but I'm comparing a higher end ICON to a lower end Reference than what you are considering. Also, the slim and beautiful cabinets of the ICONs make the Reference cabinets appear cheap by comparison (they're not, but the ICON is something to behold). At some point, my WFs will end up in my living room and I will upgrade to an RF-63, 83, or 7 system in the theater. You'll have to decide what you like/need and how that fits into your space and usage. The large cabinets of the RF-82s will seem intrusive in your living room compared to your 34s, espescially when you consider that the Reference series sounds better further from the wall while the ICONs sound better close to it.

So, it depends on what your're needs are, but from a pure accoustic bliss stand point I'd rank them in this order:

1. RF-82 - score = 10 (as the top model being considered it gets a 10 as our reference series in this comparison)

2. WF-35 - score = 8 (Might just be my preference and usage, it gets a slight nod over the 62s)

3. RF-62 - score = 7

4. WF-34 - score = 5 (I was underwhelmed by the lows when I auditioned these in comparison to the 35s, although the bass is substantial for such a small cabinet and woofers)

Man, very good feedback. I appreciate it. You are right though, the finish on the W series is absolutely beautiful. The bass on the WF-34s is very tight and controlled, which I love, but it doesn't slap you in the face. Sometimes, I would like it if I got slapped in the face by good bass. [:o]

I think that the Icon W series was a great series created by klipsch. They are smaller and have a certain elegance about them that make them beautiful additions to any home. It is a very managably sized system with great clean output. The bass lacks but the extension is still there, more so in the 35's of course. From the wood stain choices to their heavy lacquer finish, they appeal to many. The only thing i disagree on is their MSRP. I think that they are over priced and deserve the price tags they are getting now in store. to spend 1400 on the wf-35's is heartbreaking because the rf-82's outperform them in every aspect so for me, the cost is a detriment.

Your system looks great, keep it crankin!

Yep. At $1500. A pair, I liked them but was much more interested in the Rf-82 or rf-63s on either side of the price range. At $700. a pair, I think it's an absolute bargain! To me, the Wf-35s are $1000. speakers in $2000. cabinets. No doubt the high price of the speaker was reflective of the R&D and craftsmanship that went into the cabinets.

Here's my setup. Purchased rf-35s, rc-35 and rs-35s for a total of $600 off of different sellers on craigslist. Got my rx-v363 for $75. I'm in the market for a blu ray player and new receiver (looking to spend about $250 for both). I got the sub 12 for free, basically. I bought quintet IIIs, a pioneer vsx-917 and the sub 12 for $400, then sold the quintets and pioneer receiver for $380! I <3 C list! and klipsch!

post-47841-1381963572988_thumb.jpg

Congrats and the setup and prices IHOP.

Thanks for the comments TheFactor. I would like to let you know that your setup is sick! I currently work in Magnolia home theater at Best Buy, and I showed all my buddies at work pictures of your new reference series, and we are all jealous. I hope we get rid of the Energy series and pick up the new reference series at Mag so I can start selling those babies. [H]

Congrats and the setup and prices IHOP.

Thanks for the comments TheFactor. I would like to let you know that your setup is sick! I currently work in Magnolia home theater at Best Buy, and I showed all my buddies at work pictures of your new reference series, and we are all jealous. I hope we get rid of the Energy series and pick up the new reference series at Mag so I can start selling those babies. Cool

YW and Thanks for the kind words im enjoying my setup very much . Also just so you know I bought my Pioneer Kuro From a Magnolia Theater Best Buy last year and you guys rock !

Hey Wardweb,

Seriously, who makes the big horns in the picture you posted?

Those are Klipsch Pro Cinema Jubilees. They are designed an built for amphitheaters and cineplexes. The wood grain front is either a factory add-on or custom mod. One generous forum member took the time to list every other forum memeber that was known to own a set, and there are only a couple of dozen. Check out the 2-channel forum for thread.

Those are rediculous speakers! When I first saw them it reminded me of reading Motor trend as a teenager and fantasizing about owning a Lamborgini Countach.

They are a custom pair of Klipsch Jubilee speakers built at the factory in Hope Arkansas. They are the only pair to ever be built using double veneer and will most likely be the last. It took over a year to get them and required a couple of prototypes be cut to get the pattern right.

It took over a year to get them and required a couple of prototypes be cut to get the pattern right.

That work also meant that the cut list for the bass bins was improved upon by the Klipsch team, resulting in a better build for all the newer ones.

Bruce

• dtel pinned this topic