Lets see YOUR Home Theater:

Pako

"dialed in!"

that's a GREAT new term to try on the wife, when the volume rises!

lol Oh and its Universal to I use to always use it on my x all the time when i'd be tuning my GSXR and say I needed to take it for a ride to dial it in [:D] It worked for a while but keep in mind she is now my x . But now to think about the outcome was great ; )

LOL!

everything we've done so far has got us to where we are.........simple but true.

"dialed in!"

lol Oh and its Universal to I use to always use it on my x all the time when i'd be tuning my GSXR and say I needed to take it for a ride to dial it in Big Smile It worked for a while but keep in mind she is now my x . But now to think about the outcome was great ; )

So true Angusruler I couldnt of said it better myself

LOL!

everything we've done so far has got us to where we are.........simple but true.

"dialed in!"

lol Oh and its Universal to I use to always use it on my x all the time when i'd be tuning my GSXR and say I needed to take it for a ride to dial it in Big Smile It worked for a while but keep in mind she is now my x . But now to think about the outcome was great ; )

Greetings from across the pond [:)]

Being a recent Klipsch-convert from the cold Viking land I have with awe read thru all the 218 pages in this thread - and all I can say is WOW. Not only have a learned a lot but I am so impressed with what you guys have done - from the smallest location and budget to the immaculate home theaters I think most can only dream of.

I have been one of those for many years! Without embarrasing myself here I was one of the ones who had the first stereo VCRs and connected it to my small stereo system - for what was in the eighties a mightily improved and impressive sound compared to what came out of that 19" CRT TV[:D] Well, after that you move out on your own and college, your first car, the first job, marriage, your first house, refurbishing your first house, extending your first house and so on - all just seem to take over. A couple of years ago, with the advent of Bluray and the 1080p TVs, the time had come to try and realize the old home theatre dream.

Now, I don't have that separate room in the basement so the wife agreed to a modest 5.1 system built around a Panasonic 50" plasma, an Onkyo SR606 and Infinty Beta 40 speakers for placement in our downstairs livingroom as this is where we watch television. When I got it home I got the common "that's too many/much speakers for our living room - it looks like a home theatre" message from the missus. The result was a new 42" plasma for the living room and then to take the "home theatre" upstairs to our second lounge area. But I was a happy boy - for a while.

Unfortunately the eyes and the ears adapt to the new environment too quickly. And, as 3D movies hit the theatres, TVs got bigger, and cheaper - I started to think I needed more - the sub didn't exactly shake the couch and my Onkyo lacked the punch I really wanted, upgradeitis started to enter my system [:$]

I started searching the web for information, recommendations and experiences - and Klipsch emerged quickly as the natural speaker choice. I first landed on the new RF7 IIs and started gathering quotes for a 7.1 Reference system - but then I discovered the Palladiums. Well, to make a long decision process short, I decided to put all my money on the speakers as am not able to build that separate dream theater room. Of course this meant spending WAY more money on a system than I had ever thought I would [:P]

The wife naturally think this is way too much, too many speakers, and they are way too big - but she still let me do it - how lucky am I??[A] Anyway, I'm rambling - here are some pictures - and they includes our four legged baby - a 10 year old Gordon Setter (who appreciates the 65" Panasonic as much as I do) - enjoy!!

post-48432-13819636533432_thumb.jpg

And here is a shot straight on showing the electronics. The Marantz AV7005 handles everything and I love it!! I use two Marantz MM7055 5 channel power amps to bi-amp the two P-39fs and the P-27c (6 channels) and drive the P-17b sides and the P-27s rears. The top shelf shows the Oppo BDP-93EU, my Norwegian Get cable PVR and a Marantz UD5005.

post-48432-13819636534452_thumb.jpg

Here is a side view - and you can see why I need a TV, not a projector and screen - I have too much sunlight!!!

(Ok in the winter it is dark from 3:30 pm so it could work but then again I would be s***d in the summer when the sun doesn't set until after 11 pm[H])

post-48432-13819636535532_thumb.jpg

Here is the full system looking from the office/stairway area. The one thing the wife insisted on was to keep the fronts on the speakers even though I think they look simply stunning showing the silver baffles - but that is a small price to pay for getting to fully indulge in my audio heaven. I took off the covers on the fronts and center just for these pictures.

post-48432-13819636536492_thumb.jpg

• dtel pinned this topic