Lets see YOUR Home Theater:

Pako

The side and rears - with the dog paying absolutely no attention to me, just enjoying the music playing[;)]

I know the rears are probably too close but we all deal with the limitations we have - I did pull the couch forward about a foot to leave a little room, and to get closer to the screen!!

post-48432-13819636537692_thumb.jpg

The rears - and no, I was not allowed to move the picture above the couch so that I could have mounted the rears higher. You can just see a tiny bit of the sub to the right - it sits to the left of the couch.

And the dog saw a bird outside, she is a bird dog after all[:)]

post-48432-13819636538622_thumb.jpg

Here is the sub. I actually love the placement of it - I must say that this 2500W / 95 lbs beast is maybe the most impressive of the speakers so far, it shakes the couch and the floor without problem - I do not need any other device to vibrate my tush I can tell you that - awesome for great movies!!! I was originally thinking of two subs but I'm afraid that would just bring the house down[:D]

post-48432-13819636539562_thumb.jpg

Here is a shot looking the other way (from the windows), the stairs are behind the oven/chimney column. The whole open room is approx. 700 square feet but the viewing area is about 14' wide and 12' long. Which places the TV approx. 9,5' from the viewing position - perfect for Bluray. Watching "Avatar" in 3D last week I would have even liked to be closer - the quality was just stunning!!

Sorry about the "clutter" on the couch - those are the covers for the fronts and center[:)]

post-48432-13819636540512_thumb.jpg

Here is the last picture - the mighty and gorgeous P-39f in Espresso color. I just love the look of them - even if they are big!! When looking at these and deciding I really wanted the P-39 but I thought I did not have enough space so I ordered the P-38s. When I got them in place I realized that I could fit the 39s and my delaer was kind enough to change the 38s for the 39s - lucky me[<:o)]

I know that these babies can handle a lot more power than I currently have but as they are so "Klipsch-efficient" it is already more than I need[:$]. I do know that there will be a couple of more higher end power amps somewhere in my future though[H]

Ok - there you are, you have now seen MY home theater - I hope you have enjoyed it, now have a great weekend everybody!!

Skule

post-48432-13819636541612_thumb.jpg

Here is a side view - and you can see why I need a TV, not a projector and screen - I have too much sunlight!!!

(Ok in the winter it is dark from 3:30 pm so it could work but then again I would be s***d in the summer when the sun doesn't set until after 11 pmCool)

In my dreams, that is what audio-nirvana looks like. I only wish I knew how it sounded!

Thanks for the contribution Skule. We don't often see that system! I hope one day to have an opportunity to hear similar. On a side note, we just got back from Disney and had dinner in Norway at Epcot. I don't know anything about Norway, but the presentation there peaked my curiosity.

Hello Skule.

I must say to you, that your system and the room
it sits in is one of if not THEEE finest 'living room' home theatre I
have seen to date!! Your attention to detail VISUALLY, from speaker placement, to centering and neatness of component placement, is very much in keeping with something I fuss over all the time.

Thanks so much for sharing with us all.

(beware: jacksonbart may have an alternate comment to make........ [;)])

........Gary

Hello Skule.

I must say to you, that your system and the room it sits in is one of if not THEEE finest 'living room' home theatre I have seen to date!! Your attention to detail VISUALLY, from speaker placement, to centering and neatness of component placement, is very much in keeping with something I fuss over all the time.

Thanks so much for sharing with us all.

(beware: jacksonbart may have an alternate comment to make........ Wink)

........Gary

X2 Couldnt of said it better myself !!! Beautiful and absolutely stunning HT you have there Skule

Skule,

Fellow Viking! I hail from Oslo Norway originally and my mother was born in Voss. We miss it very much but had a blast going there for the 1994 Olympics. [:D]

VERY nice system you have put together! I also love Klipsch and Marantz, my system is a bit tamer than yours but I do have dual AV123 MFW-15's in the system (plus they still work even!, long story). Have fun!

I need to update the picture, we have the new Samsung UN55C8000XF LED LCD, I moved the Plasma in this picture to the basement.

HomeTheater~~element44.jpg

Here is the last picture - the mighty and gorgeous P-39f in Espresso color. I just love the look of them - even if they are big!! When looking at these and deciding I really wanted the P-39 but I thought I did not have enough space so I ordered the P-38s. When I got them in place I realized that I could fit the 39s and my delaer was kind enough to change the 38s for the 39s - lucky meParty!!!

I know that these babies can handle a lot more power than I currently have but as they are so "Klipsch-efficient" it is already more than I needEmbarrassed. I do know that there will be a couple of more higher end power amps somewhere in my future thoughCool

Ok - there you are, you have now seen MY home theater - I hope you have enjoyed it, now have a great weekend everybody!!

Skule

Thanks for posting your photo's. You have a great setup. I know that you are enjoying it....

Skule - that is one amazing setup! Congratulations!

Just curious, did you consider putting the surrounds on the side and the bookshelves on the rear wall? That's technically what's recommended by THX, Dolby, etc. but I can see that the bookshelves would stick out quite a bit farther than the surrounds do.

skule,

great setup. at my old part time job i used to play around with your bookshelves and i loved them. also i have the same plasma as you except the "54. question i have is why is your screen green and mine is not? my father has our tv also in a "54 and his screen is green. im curios, plus i kinda wish mine was green. am i just color blind or are the later produced vt's not green. thanks

• dtel pinned this topic