Lets see YOUR Home Theater:

Pako

I was having trouble adding in photos but here is a link of what I have so far. I love keeping the towers out but after 2 almost incidents I have put them back in the cabinets. The sound difference for music is pretty big but for movies not so much.

http://gallery.me.com/inderjit.nijjar#100075&bgcolor=black&view=grid

I will be doing some mods to the room with acoustic panels and re routing the sub wires to come out from below the cabinets and be hidden. Just finished moving the speaker wire for the RS-62IIs from above the chair rail to behind the speakers....... one step at a time I suppose lol

I was having trouble adding in photos but here is a link of what I have so far. I love keeping the towers out but after 2 almost incidents I have put them back in the cabinets. The sound difference for music is pretty big but for movies not so much. http://gallery.me.com/inderjit.nijjar#100075&bgcolor=black&view=grid I will be doing some mods to the room with acoustic panels and re routing the sub wires to come out from below the cabinets and be hidden. Just finished moving the speaker wire for the RS-62IIs from above the chair rail to behind the speakers....... one step at a time I suppose lol

Wow beautiful HT you have and I bet you love your 7 II's I know im loving mine !

• Moderators

I love keeping the towers out but after 2 almost incidents I have put them back in the cabinets. The sound difference for music is pretty big but for movies not so much.

Very sweet looking HT inder! I feel the same way about mine being behind the false wall. It definitely sounds better out front but I'm with you...I have 4 children so it's not worth the risk to me. For HT, it sounds fantastic.

I was having trouble adding in photos but here is a link of what I have so far. I love keeping the towers out but after 2 almost incidents I have put them back in the cabinets. The sound difference for music is pretty big but for movies not so much.
http://gallery.me.com/inderjit.nijjar#100075&bgcolor=black&view=grid

I will be doing some mods to the room with acoustic panels and re routing the sub wires to come out from below the cabinets and be hidden. Just finished moving the speaker wire for the RS-62IIs from above the chair rail to behind the speakers....... one step at a time I suppose lol

GREAT room man.

everytime i look at those RF7IIs, they just seem so scary!!

Yeah the RF-7's are great. I am contemplating getting an amp, perhaps the Emotiva XPA-3. I heard a set of the Paradigm studio series the other day and they sound better than I remember. A very melow relaxed sound to my ears, I came home and listened to the same tracks on the RF-7s and they sounded more live. Both great sounding speakers but I like the RF-7s better but would now strongly consder the Paradigms.

I am also in the process of buying/building acoustic panels because my room is 20*32 and at high volumes there is almost like an echo sound. Its faint but having used the speakers for a month now I am noticing it more.

Local store was selling a set of 4 acoustic panels which were apparently special ordered for a customer who back out of the purchase @ $1200 and they are trying to get rid of them for $500 but unfortunately they are 1ft too long for my walls. I am planning to ad 2'x4' ones in between the posters I have tried the mirror placement test and set up posters accordingly so I will see how that goes.

and as for kids.... I had some kids over a few weeks ago and had How to train your dragon on for them...I go to the washroom and when I get back one of them is poking the mesh on the cabin door with the speaker in it.

Local store was selling a set of 4 acoustic panels which were apparently special ordered for a customer who back out of the purchase @ $1200 and they are trying to get rid of them for $500 but unfortunately they are 1ft too long for my walls......

I

are you kidding me? 4 panels for $1200?

i feel like i got the steal of the century....12 panels for ~$200

Yeah, I am thinking of getting a box of OC705 depending on the cost. I will try some DIY ones because I checked with one local vendor and was quoting under $100 per box but he didn't know if its 6 or 12 pieces and the exact price but he said closer to $10-15/ea. Anyways at that cost I am looking at under $50 each which is much more reasonable.

Nice setup inder19! How do you like those new Klipsch sw-311 subs? I always been curious how they sound. I love my xw-300d sub for my townhouse. It has a very nice tight and controlled tone to it. I was hoping the new line still had those qualities and curious how effective the passive side woofers are.

Thanks Dysmae, The SW-311s are better than I expected. Very clean and tight and loud. My problem is my room is so large and not very good for bass that it gets boomy really fast at high volumes. I have tried a velodyne and paradigm in the same room with the same result. I'm considering adding a tuba-ht just because I want to build it lol and I have heard some good things.

I tried one of the SW-311s in my family room which is much smaller than the theatre room and it sounds GREAT. I would say under a 14x20 room its perfect but my theatre is 20x32.

They sound reallllly good with the rf-7s even though they are the same size drivers

As for the passive side woofers I cant really comment as to how effective they are but there is a lot of movement from them and they push quite a bit of air.

Watching movies the subs are excellent its with the music where I find that the room is too big for them.

• dtel pinned this topic