Lets see YOUR Home Theater:

Pako

• Moderators

Here is what I brought to my parents' house last week as a gift for my Mom's birthday. RF-3s, RC-3II, RB-5s, RSW-10, and a Panasonic SA-XR55. Got the Panasonic after reading about wuzzzer's, Mallette's, Skydover's and silversport's opinions. Thanks guys!

My Mom listening to some of her organ music. Tears quickly appeared in her eyes as the sound filled the room. It was great!

[Y] Your a good Son, It's great she enjoys music so much.

We recently added a fun little addition to our theater room. We picked up a "concession stand" from craigslist. We are using it to display some candy boxes as well as hold our coca cola cooler. It is also housing a prop piece from the movie "Independence Day". The prop piece can be seen in the lower left side of the display. The case was formerly a display case for a sprint store. When we picked it up from the previous owner, it was in good shape, but really dirty. Nothing a little elbow grease couldn't fix. I think it turned out great and looks pretty neat in the room. I am planning on adding some lights to the inside. If you want to check out what the rest of my room looks like, it's back on page 182 of this thread. http://community.klipsch.com/forums/p/42024/1366684.aspx#1366684

post-33974-13819639144518_thumb.jpg

Rudy, Also...wow! What kind of rack is it please. Nic

This is another one of my DIY projects that I ended up doing while I was also working on my DIY round tractrix horns.

I always check Craigslist and finally found this with my usual "server rack" search. Generally racks are too deep for my use, this one is standard 19" wide and only 21.5" deep, which is perfect for audio gear. It was in pretty poor shape, so I disassembled it, sanded it, painted with "metallic" paint from Rustolemum and put it back together. Looks like new in my room. I also made a custom base with six heavy duty casters to support the whole thing and make it moveable.

In order to prevent HF reflections, I am going to make some 2" acoustic panels for the sides and front. The front panels will be customized to just show what I want and hide all the blinking lights from the amps, crossovers etc. while watching a movie.

I don't know what kind of rack it is, but suspect it is some kind of telecom rack since it is not as deep as a true server rack tends to be. The other odd issue is that the threaded screw holes are 12-24 threaded. I had to order 150 screws to secure everything.

What I love is the ability to rotate the rack when needed so I can get behind the gear easily. I picked up a pack of 10 lacer bars for the back so I could arrange all the cabling neatly. The Furman power sequencers are trigger controlled and turn on all my gear in an orderly sequenced manner. I just love those things. More pictures to follow.

And, here is the completed product. I figured the acoustic panels do double duty. One, they prevent some of the HF reflections off the metal sides and front of the rack. Two, they hide all the lights and unecessary LED displays when the room is dark for movies. For my audio listening, the front panels are easily removed so I can play with the system.

post-10337-13819639188798_thumb.jpg

Here is what I brought to my parents' house last week as a gift for my Mom's birthday. RF-3s, RC-3II, RB-5s, RSW-10, and a Panasonic SA-XR55. Got the Panasonic after reading about wuzzzer's, Mallette's, Skydover's and silversport's opinions. Thanks guys!

My Mom listening to some of her organ music. Tears quickly appeared in her eyes as the sound filled the room. It was great!

From the looks of the picture she has a lot of music she'll be enjoying on her new home theater. Great job!

From the looks of the picture she has a lot of music she'll be enjoying on her new home theater. Great job!

I agree... excellent set up.... enjoy....

• Moderators

Very nice setup larbo. In order to add multiple photos, you will have to upload them to a server somewhere (photobucket.com, flickr.com etc). Then you can click on the Insert/Edit icon (green tree icon to the left of the smiley face) and paste the URL to your image. You will need to do that for each image.

Be sure you do not link to more than 10 images in one post or it will have to be approved by a moderator since the forum thinks you might be SPAM.

• dtel pinned this topic