Lets see YOUR Home Theater:

Pako

My Budget Klipsch base Home Theater system. A project that started after a friend gave me his old flagship Pioneer Elite VSX-49TX. I bought everything from various sources but nothing was more than $300 minus the TV,

Front Stage with free ugly goth kid

Panasonic 54" G20

Reciver-Pioneer Elite VSX-49TX

Fronts- Klipsch CF-3 (second gen)

Center- Klipsch KV-4

Sub- Klipsch RSW-15

Front Stage without the ugly goth kid

img5529q.jpg

Rear

Surround Side-Klipsch CF-1

Surround Rears-Klipsch SS1

Sub- Klipsch RSW-10

img5544.jpg

• Moderators

Very cool setup Michael. I like how you raised up the CF-3's. I loved my CF-2's but always wondered why Klipsch put the tweeter aimed at my knees instead of my ears. [:D] Raising them up makes great sense.

The upgrade madness continues!

This weekend's work was mostly cosmetic, but it's made a huge difference. A bit of green on the walls makes the room look so much more elegant, and looks great against those drivers (I think I'll leave the grills off now). I also installed an infrared dimmer switch for the ceiling lighting and rigged it into my Harmony remote. Press "Watch TV or Watch Blu-Ray" and the lights turn off. Press pause, and the lights ramp back up half way. Press Play to resume, and the lights drop again. Turn the system off, and the lights come back full on.

So sweet. :-)

post-44872-13819639582978_thumb.jpg

Paint the entire wall green. Don't break it up. Your screen already does that and will look good that way (:

I'd considered more, and may still do it. This is a wide double-room, though, and the adjacent area immediately behind the tan couch (at left) is our dining area. A line has to be drawn, but where is still under debate. :-)

Sorry- I was responding to JasonJCarney's question for opinions about his wall..... My "quote" button likely didn't work correctly. Your room looks wonderful as is Aerocowboy!

"True. Lol ..... Looking for opinions here. Does anyone think I should Paint the area above the screen in the same manor as I did under the screen? "

The upgrade madness continues!

This weekend's work was mostly cosmetic, but it's made a huge difference. A bit of green on the walls makes the room look so much more elegant, and looks great against those drivers (I think I'll leave the grills off now). I also installed an infrared dimmer switch for the ceiling lighting and rigged it into my Harmony remote. Press "Watch TV or Watch Blu-Ray" and the lights turn off. Press pause, and the lights ramp back up half way. Press Play to resume, and the lights drop again. Turn the system off, and the lights come back full on.

So sweet. :-)

Very nice room! The lighting trick is pretty cool too; congrats on a nice job!

Sorry- I was responding to JasonJCarney's question for opinions about his wall..... My "quote" button likely didn't work correctly. Your room looks wonderful as is Aerocowboy!

"True. Lol ..... Looking for opinions here. Does anyone think I should Paint the area above the screen in the same manor as I did under the screen? "

I agree. Paint the whole wall. It will look great, and a darker wall is a plus in HT anyway.

Here's my VERY modest HT setup . . .Family room - had to live with irregular room dimensions and the fireplace / hearth which "jut out" a tad too far.

When I got divorced and bought this home, first thing I had my handyman
take care of was the AWFUL existing entertainment center area. He
completely tore out what the builder had made, and built this one to
match my equipment and display requirements.

Equipment:

Panasonic 65V10

Yamaha RX-Z7

8300HDC Comcast HD DVR

Oppo BDP-83

Sony CDP-777ES 400-Disc DVD Changer controlled by an Escient Fireball DVD-M100 CD/DVD Manager

Yamaha 5-disc DVD changer

Four Klipsch Quartets (front mains and rear surrounds)

Two Boston VRB Bookshelf speakers (surrounds)

Boston VRC Center Channel speaker

DefTech ProSub 1000

Looking again at these pics - which I shot a 1 1/2 years ago when we had just
installed the 65V10 - I sure do need to work on my "cable management",
LOL!

post-37049-13819639878472_thumb.jpg

I'm a little late.

@youthman: Yes raising them changes the sound a bit but it seems to work better for movies, I still need another amp to key the version 2s in correctly. :(

@Rivernuggets: I'm not really a Deftones fan, they where one of the better bands of late 1990s rock though. I was a teen in the 90s/2000s but always listen to stuff from the 70s/80s started off on Bowie and Pink Floyd. I am more of a Sisters of Mercy, Christian Death, Skinny Puppy, 4AD Records fan. I listen to old Punk and Gothic music pretty close to equally.

• dtel pinned this topic