Lets see YOUR Home Theater:

Pako

Interesting...... Yeah, I figured that the back surrounds would take the 'center' rear.... but you would not be listening to a high resolution audio since its not encoded as such correct ?

Great on the bluray 7.1's you have, but how many blurays do you have that are not ?? Out of my very small collection of blurays, only TWO are in 7.1 while the rest are 5.1 ... Also a friend of mine made comment about the DTS vs. the Dolby thing, and it seems that its swung toward more releases in DTS these days. Have you found this to be true in your collection?

...........g

Its high resolution lossless

audio. Look at the pic again it shows it

was at 4.4 mbps that’s super high resolution audio. I think you have a different

idea to what DTS-HD 5.1 MA ES audio is. It’s an audio format not a gimmick or

lesser audio format in resolution audio. Lord of the rings is DTS-HD MA 5.1ES audio;

The Incredibles is as well just name a few.

It’s a higher end audio then just

basic DTS-HD 5.1 MA

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-Lord-of-the-Rings-The-Motion-Picture-Trilogy-Blu-ray/5174/

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-Incredibles-Blu-ray/96/

When blu rays first starting

doing lossless audio they just called it uncompressed lossless audio. Then Dolby

truehd came out. Shortly after that DTS

HD MA. But all it really is is uncompressed

lossless audio with a fancy HD name. When a blu ray player reads DTS HD MA 5.1

ES its reading 6.1 separate channels. I just don’t understand how you don’t see

that as a 6.1 lossless audio track regardless of what information is being sent

to the 6th channel. It’s

mixed as 6.1 and called ES. [:)]

Finally installed my sound treatments, system sounds 100X better...wow!!! Looks pretty awesome to. The sound is so pure....WELL worth the money!!

Main listening position:

Posted Image

Front sound stage:

Posted Image

Right side of front sound-stage (Soon to have another A5-350):

Posted Image

Left side of front sound-stage:

Posted Image

Posted Image
By robc1976 at 2011-10-08

Surrounds:

Posted Image

Bass traps:

Posted Image

foam Indifferent

I tried the sono suede and did not like the look of them at all and there was no difference in sound over the foam to justify the price. Foam can't be that bad since it is there number one seller. I also like that the fish is much more customizable and can be configured a lot easier.

I steered away from it after months and months of researching the best bang for the buck I could find. But then again, everyone has their own likes and dislkes.

I did to fail to mention that I only paid $20.00 for a 4' X 2' X 2" of the charcoal. Buy I do here ya, I saw a pic of your room with panels.. wich series do you have?

I hear you on that Rob....

Oh, some kind of staining.... hmmmm Why not simply paint to match (seal first with a 'BullsEye' product first) ? Easier and less expensive then total replacement, unless its trashed already [:o]

Ok, have fun.............

The theater here is coming together once again... Contractor coming over first thing Tuesday morning to put all new base board moldings in and doing some small wall repairs, then I get to clean the brand new floors up and start reconstruction... Been without since March but it will be so good to have it back once again [Y] ...

Oh, some kind of staining.... hmmmm Why not simply paint to match (seal first with a 'BullsEye' product first) ? Easier and less expensive then total replacement, unless its trashed already Surprise

The theater here is coming together once again... Contractor coming over first thing Tuesday morning to put all new base board moldings in and doing some small wall repairs, then I get to clean the brand new floors up and start reconstruction... Been without since March but it will be so good to have it back once again Yes ...

Post pics! When finished!

Oh, some kind of staining.... hmmmm Why not simply paint to match (seal first with a 'BullsEye' product first) ? Easier and less expensive then total replacement, unless its trashed already Surprise

The theater here is coming together once again... Contractor coming over first thing Tuesday morning to put all new base board moldings in and doing some small wall repairs, then I get to clean the brand new floors up and start reconstruction... Been without since March but it will be so good to have it back once again Yes ...

Post pics! When finished!

• dtel pinned this topic