Lets see YOUR Home Theater:

Pako

All panels are 2x4 absortion from acoustimac. Filled with ecoustimac material. I got them mainly to cut down on the echo in the room. I actually had four left over that I wasnt sure what to do with. Two of them went on the tv wall, the other two are sitting waiting. Debating on the ceiling?

DSC03382.jpg

If you can hang them in the top wall-to-ceiling corners they would act as bass traps as well. Tri-angulate with two hooks back wall, one hook upper ceiling, and one hook sloped ceiling.

I did this in all my corners with cup holder hooks screwed into drywall anchors then screwed the same hooks into the wooden frame of the panels.

Connect the opposing hooks with black "O" rings from a kit at any automotive store.

The O rings eliminate vibration and because of the variable sizes you can tweek the fitment.

The set-up give a very professional look showing someone put some thought and effort into the room design.

First, I wanna say I have NEVER and I mean never had such great servive anywhere....I have talked to Byran & christina on the phone and probally have sent byran 100 emails LOL!! if not more. He answer quickly and enjoys doing so....I just made 2 more orders on top of all of this and will be doing my other sysyem with GIK and will suggest them to ANYONE.

figured I would post some pics of some traetments I have redone.

Here is the foam I had with all reflection points "Left side MLP"

Posted Image

GIK suggested 3 panels on this side and the farthest panel is not touching the "tri-trap" although it looks like it LOL!!

Posted Image

Here is the foam I had with all reflection points "right side MLP"

Posted Image

GIK suggested 3 panels on this side also.

Posted Image

Here is the Tr-trap in the corner, I have 2 tops coming also that will stack on these full size ones and will extend it to the top.

Posted Image

Here is the foam I have on the ceiling with reflection points (all 3 seats) and I have 6 242 panels on the way to put in place of the foam.

Posted Image

So far the bass has improved dramitaclly and the detail has also increased dramitacly over the foam.

Bear in mind I have never had an HD tv and my old one was a 15 year old brick of a 46" RCA rear projection. And I have only had for 3 days now.

With that having been said I love this tv.

Now I just need to find some tuning info. The colors are a little bright. I just watched Star Wars 3 last night and wholy crap the detail! I had no idea. And the sound is also good.

The only thing that has surprised me so far is the signal from Directv. I have the tv set on auto detect for the quality. I guess I figured HD meant 1080P. A lot of channels come in at 720P. Even that however still looks way better than my old tube.

I was original looking at the Mitsu 82" but I finally realized I could only fit the sharp 70" in the space I had. As you can see wall on right and hallway on left. No room to spare.

And I almost forgot the size. In the store it looks biggesh? But when I got it home and set up it seemed about 25% BIGGER.

Ok this is the BEFORE picture. Just wanted to note that I had a yamaha receiver with 5 disc carosel that's actually broken along with my PS3 and cable box. The speakers I had (which were the only speakers I've had since Junior High or about 13 years) are the Klipsch 1.1 KSB's. I was unable to fit everything into the tv stand because the stand itself was too thin to get everything in there. It wasn't intended to be a tv stand but that's all I have for the time being...

post-52230-13819666077146_thumb.jpg

And AFTER!!! About a month ago I finally received my Klipsch RF-7II's as well as the RC-64II !! I You can't see here but I mounted the 1.1's on the wall behind my couch. Also I now have 2 subwoofers. (By accident) Behind my couch I have the small but mighty SW-311 and to the right of the RF-7II's I have the KW-120-THX which hits deeper than I could have ever imagined!

post-52230-13819666083816_thumb.jpg

• dtel pinned this topic