Lets see YOUR Home Theater:

Pako

I've found the best way to get things past the wife is just with utter confusion. If you own enough speakers she will never know which ones you trade in and out. Secondly if you can find a Craigslist deal close to an ikea she will forgive you or forget the entire trip was for that great deal you found.

• Moderators

I've found the best way to get things past the wife is just with utter confusion. If you own enough speakers she will never know which ones you trade in and out. Secondly if you can find a Craigslist deal close to an ikea she will forgive you or forget the entire trip was for that great deal you found.

That's funny.

Or you can get her involved, if it is for something better, an improvement she "may" get the whole idea ?

If not just explain it's just a hobby, kind of like shoes, purses, clothes or crap from Ikea, she may not like it but will at least understand. If that does not work use McMIRA's first suggestion. [Y][:P]

If all else fails use the woman fix all thing " you just wouldn't understand" or "You just don't get it ", it is the explanation when common sense fails. [;)]

I don't know anything about women but I do have years of practice trying to figure it out, and am really no closer. [:$]

• 2 weeks later...

Well I figure its about time I posted some pictures of my HT in progress, there is still a lot of work to be done to the room but here is the front sound stage, the surrounds are up but I didnt want to show the mess that is behind the seating position.

Posted Image

Posted Image

My Blu-ray collection.

Posted Image

My pup had to get in on this too.

Posted Image

I made a pair of stands for a friend and I liked them so much I made myself a pair.

Posted Image

Side surround

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Nice and neat I like it, and the dog picture. How is the sound with the wood floors.

Thank you duder,

The laminate floors have been an acoustic nightmare, I have seven 2x4 panels that have helped a great deal with the echo its not perfect but a lot better. The Auralex great gramma sub risers have also helped out a lot due to the wainscoting vibrating at certian frequencies, I did have to bumb up the gain on the subs a bit but well worth the price.

To be honest they made a huge difference with the echo in my room, its very open and with the laminate flooring it was just too much. Im sure if I had carpet in the basement the difference would not have been as noticeable. I made the panels my self so the cost was minimal, i think about $150 for 8 panels including the hanging hardware.

You could always buy a couple OC 703 2x4 2 inch sheets and put them up and see if you notice anything, i paid $10 per piece.

• Moderators

how effective are your acoustic treatments?

My room had carpet but that was really the only source of absorbing material for my room. It had a HUGE slap echo. If I clapped one time really loud, you could hear a "POINGOINGOIN" type sound. After I added the panels to my room, that sound is no longer there and the room is very quiet. They really do make a huge difference. Speakers have more clarity and detail as well.

• dtel pinned this topic