Lets see YOUR Home Theater:

Pako

I wanted to use bookshelves for surrounds because of room limitations.I had a chance to get RB-75's so I did. They are using an Emotiva upa-200.

I had them upright, but they were way to directional, so I have them on their sides,,,kind of a pity for such pretty speakers.

The Right

post-56867-13819830423108_thumb.jpg

RC-64ii.....my son built a cabinet to pu it in, works pretty well with the t.v. set on top of it

I would suggest nixxing the cabinet around the center channel. It is really bad for acoustics. Just set the TV directly on top of the speaker, if you must.

I would also set the surround speakers on their ends. Again, not good for acoustics to lay them on their sides.

Any barriers around speakers interferes with lower frequencies and muddies the sound.

Thanks Tigerman,

RC-64ii.....my son built a cabinet to pu it in, works pretty well with the t.v. set on top of it

I would suggest nixxing the cabinet around the center channel. It is really bad for acoustics. Just set the TV directly on top of the speaker, if you must.

I would also set the surround speakers on their ends. Again, not good for acoustics to lay them on their sides.

Any barriers around speakers interferes with lower frequencies and muddies the sound.

westcott, thanks for the advise, it is more of a shelve than a cabinet, it has an open back and is very solidly constructed.He is a union carpenter , and did a very nice job veneering it to match the 83's and 64, but since we have a hodgepodge of different types of wood it didn't pass the WAF and got painted. I had the tv directly on the speaker, but it was to wobbley. It sounds the same in or out of the cabinet to my ears, and there is no reverb or rattle.

As for the 75's being on their sides, I went a couple of months having them upright before trying them on their sides.(a bigger room would be ideal) They actually sound better on their sides and fill the back of the room better.I don't know if its because of having an open dining room to left of the mains, and two hallways in the back but everything sounds very very good as set up.Some kind of perfect storm type thing.

For having a Frankensteinish conglomerate of reference speakers , the sound is pretty amazing. I listen to more 5 channel stereo music now then ever before,it used to be just 2channel for a long time.

Mark

I will try to get some pics up of my setup but I am running the following:

Samsung UN55ES8000 240hz Led tv

Yamaha RXV-573 7.1 reciever

2 Klipsch Synergy F-30's

The Klipsch QuintetV 5 pack

Klipsch SW112 sub

I work for an electronics store and after hearing everything my company has to offer when it comes to audio I narrowed down my decision to these and created my home theater. Definately a major upgrade than just the basic tv speakers. I really wanted to go with the Klipsch bookshelf speakers but space would not allow them.

• dtel pinned this topic