Lets see YOUR Home Theater:

Pako

I am thinking of mounting my tv on the wall, a stand wouldn't work as I will have a Lascala for a center. But never thought of putting my Heresies on each side, and just mounting my H.H. Scott in the cabinet with all the home theater stuff. Run some speaker wire along with the rest and wah la.

Mechman and Derrick thanks for the compliments, Its been a pleasure and learning experience from great guys like yourselves and others here. Ive learned so much here. The 81's up front are liking the power with the 200w the Acurus is giving them, but I'll follow Youthmans path like I've done since beginning and show patience until a set of 83's, 63's of 7's come around at a good price (patience grasshopper!).

Mechman, if you're ever selling that 2505 in your profile, can you give me first crack at it if I haven't found one yet. I love my MC250 (needs a recap, any tech suggestions?) , but looking for a 2105 or 2505 if the right deal comes around.

Duder, here's a shot of the Wall mount link I posted above. I measured it and it is in fact 2 feet (24 inches) extended out. That might work perfect as you can extend the TV to the front of the Lascala. I pull it out level with the 64 here and it looks great.

post-50163-13819858421_thumb.jpg

Joker that is a very good Idea, I will keep that in mind when I move the flat screen down there. As for your Mc2505, if he is still in business I hear Terry DeWick does great work. I was going to send my MC2505 of to him, but ended up sending my H.H. Scott to Craig first. But when I called and talked to him he quoted me something around 300.00 for a recap. If you do buy any more older MC amps like that before spending the 1200.00 for one on ebay I would look at Terry's for sale first, he has listed around that price as well but at least you know they have been gone through and you know what you are getting. Sorry for the quick hi jack.

Joker that is a very good Idea, I will keep that in mind when I move the flat screen down there. As for your Mc2505, if he is still in business I hear Terry DeWick does great work. I was going to send my MC2505 of to him, but ended up sending my H.H. Scott to Craig first. But when I called and talked to him he quoted me something around 300.00 for a recap. If you do buy any more older MC amps like that before spending the 1200.00 for one on ebay I would look at Terry's for sale first, he has listed around that price as well but at least you know they have been gone through and you know what you are getting. Sorry for the quick hi jack.

I was referring to MechMans 2505 as he is local to me. Terry is still going strong, but crossing border with delicate equipment is a no go for me.

I'm happy with my MC250 for time being and will jump at a local deal if it comes by.

It certainly can. It's the main reason Klipsch deals rarely show up here.

I've had to buy electronics and Jubilee tweeters from across the border, but almost all of my speakers have come from the Island or Lower Mainland (Vancouver area). The only exception was the pair of Heresy IIs that came from north of Kingston in east-central Ontario. That pair travelled to me by Canada Post for $50 each.

There are definitely deals to be found, just not as often as in places like New York.

• 2 weeks later...

here is my little Klipsch/Pioneer/Samsung HT.

was trying to upload some images from photobucket but all of them getting cut and squeezed no matter what I do...

???

p.s. uploaded them anyway. on my screen they all look cut on the right side.looks like my "wide screen" images getting cut to 4:3 ratio...

DSC01610p_zpsae865b4a.jpg

DSC01614p_zps891f0d40.jpg

DSC01612p_zps610d459b.jpg.htmlDSC01612p_zps610d459b.jpg.htmlDSC01612p_zps610d459b.jpg

%3Ca%20mce_thref=

DSC01618p_zpsa4c5df49.jpg

DSC01242p_zps450f9975.jpg

was trying to upload some images from photobucket but all of them getting cut and squeezed no matter what I do...

???

they show in my email just fine on my phone. Love that tv stand. You should walk mount your tv and them move your center to the front so you get no early reflections. It will sound much better. In fact you should move the towers even with the front of it as well. Looks great! Do you have plans on slowly ending up with a full reference setup?

Well, this is what our recent move has reduced the home theater to. [:S]

Yeah, yeah, go ahead laugh it up...but there it is.

Quaint, however most of the essentials are still there minus adequate sound. emotion-9.gif

Really wish we could've brought along the HIPs as they'd have been perfect for this scenario. Just couldn't fit them in either car.

Surprisingly enough, the 'ol college dorm room TV still kicks out one heck of nice picture after a 15 year hiatus. Composite video out of the Blu-ray player is excellent. Kinda weird going back to standard-def CRT after 5 years on hi-def LCD.

post-42237-13819859406538_thumb.jpg

???

they show in my email just fine on my phone. Love that tv stand. You should walk mount your tv and them move your center to the front so you get no early reflections. It will sound much better. In fact you should move the towers even with the front of it as well. Looks great! Do you have plans on slowly ending up with a full reference setup?

Thanks. I like it too. it looks nice, got plenty of room for equipment and there are few "vents" on the back. I'm using little PC fan to drive hot air out.

initially I was thinking about putting TV on the wall but for better view and less reflection from the windows TV is angled a bit to the right (my "place" is on the long couch along the right wall), so putting TV on the wall would change my viewing angle,also I never seen TV mounts with adjustable left to right angle.

my center is in line with front channels, well, maybe 1-2" behind, so I might move it a bit forward. I guess I need to rerun MCACC after that?

fronts are angled to the center of the back wall and sub angled almost diagonally at 45 degrees.I wish I could put the couch directly accross TV, in that case I would have best seat in the theater but it would block the enterance, so my wife getting best listening posotion -almost directly in the center of the room, right between left and right SRS speakers.

• dtel pinned this topic