Lets see YOUR Home Theater:

Pako

That is one terrific room!

Thanks!

Dang!

Thanks!

If a person was to soundproof a room... And they put some Heresy speakers recessed into the wall (like in the above picture) would they need to treat the cavity the same as the rest of the walls ie double drywall etc?

I guess so. The only thing I did was to put Roxul Safe'n'Sound insulation in the walls.

• Like 1

Thanks!

The dark brown box beneath the CD rack at the back is a THT. I considered build a pair of spuds as the riser (11 inches!) but I am now thinking it's one design or the other (shouldn't try to combine SPUDS and the THT)... I may add a THT an an adjoining room that vents into the HT room, but perhaps not. My response has improved since I moved the sub along the back wall. In a few days I'll run some new REW sweeps to sort it all out.

Edited by psg

Your shop rocks! That is a huge space to fill, but it must be pretty cool to hang out there.

Those KPT's look great. How do they sound along side the Heresy's?

I like them a lot! I was reluctant to get them at first because 8-inch drivers felt small to me compared with the rest of the system. But after the simple X-Curve removal mod on the crossover, they sound great as a as speaker set to small in their role as rear surrounds. And I love the form factor; they don't get in the way. I must be the only person to have mounted sideways to take advantage of their slanted design. :)

In a few days, I'll try them for a track or two as stereo speaker complemented with the sub. That will be the ultimate test.

I like them a lot! I was reluctant to get them at first because 8-inch drivers felt small to me compared with the rest of the system. But after the simple X-Curve removal mod on the crossover, they sound great as a as speaker set to small in their role as rear surrounds. And I love the form factor; they don't get in the way. I must be the only person to have mounted sideways to take advantage of their slanted design. :)

In a few days, I'll try them for a track or two as stereo speaker complemented with the sub. That will be the ultimate test.

Just tried the KPT-100 in stereo with the sub crossed over at 80 Hz... Man! those speakers sound way better than they ought to! Great imaging when I stood closer than they are apart. They sounded great!

Edited by psg

Your shop rocks! That is a huge space to fill, but it must be pretty cool to hang out there.

I must be the only person to have mounted sideways to take advantage of their slanted design. :)

Carl has done that.

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/144995-kpt-100s-restored-and-ready-to-ship/page-2#entry1648604

• dtel pinned this topic