Lets see YOUR Home Theater:

Pako

I talked to trey on the phone the other day and he said he doesn't get on much more. But he definitely is still in the Klipsch family.

Well that's good to hear. It was a pleasure meeting him oh-so-many years ago and doing business as well. I told him that these speakers will be VERY well taken care of and that's been true so far. Hard to believe it's been 6 years since I picked these up and completed my HT. I was only 18 when I joined here. Very humbling to look back at my experience :wacko:

What sub is that in the picture.

And nothing wrong with starting young. I got into stereos and purchased my first setup when I was around 11-12. And I spent like 700$ on it. Did a lot of chores, mowed a lot of lawns, and hit a ton of home runs. (Dad always gave me 10$ for a home run).

Edited by Scrappydue
  • Like 1

What sub is that in the picture.

And nothing wrong with starting young. I got into stereos and purchased my first setup when I was around 11-12. And I spent like 700$ on it. Did a lot of chores, mowed a lot of lawns, and hit a ton of home runs. (Dad always gave me 10$ for a home run).

That is the Outlaw Audio LFM-2. Quite the sub for only 8". Discontinued now, sadly.

Now that I'm a bit older (25) I have even MORE respect for what I bought at 18 and have managed to maintain thus far. I agree with you though, Bust your A** and you can get what you really want and it's worth it.

Edited by JChapman

Finally found a stand to fit the 70", RC-64 and everything else. Kind of hard to tell since the wood is stained so dark but it's half sawn planks with natural edges. I love it! Probably one of the best pieces I have added to the room.

I was in BB today and the 65 and 70 in. TV's were making an impression on me. The 60 in. did not look that much different than my 51 in. set. Nice setup K5SS!

Finally found a stand to fit the 70", RC-64 and everything else. Kind of hard to tell since the wood is stained so dark but it's half sawn planks with natural edges. I love it! Probably one of the best pieces I have added to the room.

I was in BB today and the 65 and 70 in. TV's were making an impression on me. The 60 in. did not look that much different than my 51 in. set. Nice setup K5SS!

derrick you need to go projector! Your setup deserves bigger than 70 inch tv buddy

Hi everyone. It has been a long time. I check in often, but haven't posted in some time. I thought I would show more recent pics. I recently added the curtains to cover the reflective screens on the posters while watching a movie. My wife wasn't too keen on painting the walls dark as it opens up into a larger area in the basement. This was a good compromise. They also help to lesson the echo in the room considerably. I plan on painting the ceiling a dark grey color in the areas of the "theater" side as well as hanging the surround speakers from the ceiling. Overall I am really happy with it and we enjoy the room a lot.

post-31823-0-23400000-1405387288_thumb.j

post-31823-0-23320000-1405387308_thumb.j

• Like 2

Hi everyone. It has been a long time. I check in often, but haven't posted in some time. I thought I would show more recent pics. I recently added the curtains to cover the reflective screens on the posters while watching a movie. My wife wasn't too keen on painting the walls dark as it opens up into a larger area in the basement. This was a good compromise. They also help to lesson the echo in the room considerably. I plan on painting the ceiling a dark grey color in the areas of the "theater" side as well as hanging the surround speakers from the ceiling. Overall I am really happy with it and we enjoy the room a lot.

Well done in deed!

Excuse the clutter, my theater room is also my living room and gaming room and as such is a bit busy. I'm thinking about adding some sound deadening panels to the room as there is a bit of an echo in it, but otherwise it works great for me. I actually rented this place based on the shape of the room for HT use and its worked well for me for a few years now. Not bad for a 1000sq ft 2 bedroom duplex.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Enjoy!

post-58606-0-48640000-1405564239_thumb.j

post-58606-0-46240000-1405564254_thumb.j

post-58606-0-93480000-1405564261_thumb.j

• 2 months later...
  • dtel pinned this topic