Lets see YOUR Home Theater:

Pako

Always wanted a 4001

nice bass!  Chris Squire from YES plays one and it’s one of the most beautiful musical instruments i’ve seen.  I told Chris that a couple months ago and he said, ”I just hold it--it practically plays itself." 

Haha, cool story. Geddy Lee used to play one but now all you see him with are Fenders. 

i used to. not so much anymore with the cinema gear and diy everything else. think i just have a receiver and projector box. maybe a couple other spares but nothing crazy. however i have a 12x20 from in the basement that is solely for storage. which is nice. didn't have it in in my last place. 

• Like 1

Plus the 1201s, heresys, 3 svs boxes, a 70" tv box and all the gears boxes. :o

yeah screw that. My whole storage room was full when I had icon w stuff upstairs. Multiple emotiva amp thx ultra 2 and Svs subs downstairs. That was a nightmare. Just the Svs boxes being gone made a huge difference.

Install of the night... AW-650's, aka. surround sound for an outdoor projector. They are significantly bigger in person than they look like on the web content and whatnot. I took the pic at night, like 20 minutes ago. so the colors are weird but my house is a sea green, Key West theme. The white speakers contrast against it nicely. These are in a pretty big 14x32 covered back porch, the plan is to put a projector in the middle and fire it into the back yard up against a projector screen. When I built my house I had everything pre-wired into my theater room so all my electronics can remain there.  Unfortunately right about now in my area the lady bugs and other insects are desperately seeking a warm home for the winter so its hard to keep things clean.  :) 

IMG_3499_zps737e0ebf.jpg

IMG_3502_zps91cabc02.jpg

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters

when I heard you say the subs were boomy in the upper frequencies it made me think of every other Klipsch sub I've heard.

I've literally been playing with these things all weekend, and I have come to the conclusion that a big part of my problem is that I am a huge bass-head, coming from the 90's hip hop scene. Some of the things I was initially complaining about is toned down significantly if I run it at least remotely flat. I had a HUGE boost in the bass simply due to enjoying it, and while the ultimax/inuke setup could handle it, these couldn't. Tonight I toned it down to normal levels, and while still being at a relatively obnoxious level that my wife still complains about, she has shown three different groups of friends and family exactly how much the house shakes at the end of "Enter Sandman" by Metallica, within two days.

It makes me smile, mainly because she HATES Metallica.

Startech relay rack with wheels.

You can get them everywhere, Amazon has them for approx $140 delivered.

I use the APC G5 Power filter and Sequencer in the middle. It is better than almost anything at any price, it protects against undervoltage which is the real killer as opposed to overvoltage. Lots of good features and dirt cheap. I know APC from Telco, Industral and Military I was very happy to see them make some small stuff for out hobby.

I use 15 inch vented shelves which fit almost anything, watch the weight ratings, for the Mac Amp I had to buy a special shelf for the 90 lb load. Again everyone sells standard shelves, I did very well with Centeral Office surplus, aka new old stock shelves on the auction site. I purchased enough for two racks, since the deal was good and I wanted a match if I started a second rack, which it appears is about to happen. Also watch the direction of the lips on the shelves, I like both bent up slightly to avoid accidents. If I were in a quake zone, I would attach the top of the rack to wall attached bracket, these are also standard products.

I left a little more than a one inch gap between systems for cooling, magnetic and electrical fields and easier to clean with a duster or air compressor. Also easier to take the gear out the front or rear when needeed. Power cords are routed on one side and cables on the rear and other side.

Total cost rack, shelves and power unit was approx $500.

Good luck and enjoy.

This is my current surround experiment which will require a second rack if I move forward on it.

gallery_47220_143_593555.gif

Edited by Bubo

Bubo what did you decide on the active crossover.

Are we taling about my Mac system??

If yes, I am still thinking about it. The current surround expermiment has me rethinking 2 ch pre amps and DACs etc.

For example if the Pioneer Elite is THX compliant, why not use one to front end the Mac Amp and ditch the DAC, and Pre amp, and eliminate the need for a separate EQ, Crossover and acustic analizer and compensator?? The Pioneer MCACC does all of the above with only one D-A conversion, is integrated and probably a lower cost, certainly in a used unit.

Phono input would be an open issue.

Edited by Bubo

A couple during the building process:

All my networking is in here.  I have well over 5,000 feet of low voltage wiring including surround, hard wired Ethernet, TV over Cat-5, Cat-5e for backup HDMI signals, distributed audio, and old school coax just in case I want DirecTV, whatever that is called.  

148574_10151255499899401_1928091860_n.jp

My wife helping me install base boards.  

969923_10151600737704401_1747192222_n.jp

• Like 1

• dtel pinned this topic