Lets see YOUR Home Theater:

Pako

Believe me, the 7125 has plenty of headroom. 
oh i know trust me!

I doubt it is his first rodeo.
i never implied it was. he felt the need to ridicule me instead of taking a joke. but its all good he's not the first person i have encountered on here that didn't know how to joke around with the "brothers" 

• 4 weeks later...

Dig the post & thought I'd throw my hat in the ring. TV: (please don't laugh) semi-crap, budget friendly 51in. Samsung 720p plasma.

RECEIVER : NAD T763

SPEAKERS : * starting with center* 2 Klipsch Academy's

2 Klipsch Forte II's

2 Klipsch Quartet's

I rarely ever play them all @ once due to voicing, room size, ect. But if the wife let's me get away with having all them in our bedroom, we'll then that's where they'll be.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

Hi guys,

I'm new to the forum, so I hope this is the right thread/sub-forum. Enjoy your weekend.

Klipsch Reference Series II 11.4 collection:
4 Klipsch R-115SW powered subwoofers
1 Klipsch RF-7 II center speaker (it replaced the RC-64 II center speaker shown in the photos)
2 Klipsch RF-7 II front speakers
2 Klipsch RF-7 II side surround speakers
2 Klipsch RB-81 II front wide surround speakers
2 Klipsch RB-81 II front height surround speakers
2 Klipsch RB-81 II rear surround speakers

Here is how they are set up right now. All the speakers are approximately where they will wind up. I am waiting until my new ATI Signature Series amps arrive (AT 6005 and AT4006), which should be by the end of January or early February, before I measure everything and run Audyssey. Too much work to do it twice.

Some things that will change in the photos below...
1) All wires will be cut to the right length and hidden once I determine where I will place the amps. Right now, I think they may go in a Mid Atlantic rack or Sanus rack which will be placed behind the screen in the center of the room next to my center channel speaker (which is in transit). I hope to receive suggestions from everyone regarding if I should go with a rack or amp stands, and where you guys think that should be located.
2) The RF7 II which I will use for my center channel will go behind the acoustically transparent Elite screen. It will be centered between the left and right walls. The Monster Power (bottom shelf, left side), Denon X-5200W (bottom shelf, middle), PS4 (top shelf, left side), Amazon FireTV and External TV Tuner (top shelf, right side) will be placed in the rack along with the two amps. The RC-64 II center speaker in the photo below, TV stand and old Denon AVR (bottom shelf, right side) will all be removed from the room.
3) The RF7 IIs that I am using for my front mains will be moved just a little closer to the screen than shown in the photos below (they are between a 22-30 degrees angle to the center speaker as measure from the recliners). The RB81 IIs used as front heights will be right above the front mains (as shown in the photo below). The R-115SW front subs will remain in the front corners of the room (as shown in the photos below).
4) I will build a shelf on the side walls to hold the RB81 IIs used as front wide speakers. So, they will be somewhere between by front subs and my side surrounds (at an angle between 55-60 degrees from my center speaker as measured from my recliners).
5) The RF7 IIs used as my side surrounds will stay where they are about two thirds of the distance from the front wall to the rear wall (slightly more than a 90 degree angle to the recliners). The R-115SW rear subs will remain in the rear corners of the room (as shown in the photos below).
6) The RB81 IIs used as my rear surround will stay as they appear in the photo below.

Any other suggestions are welcome.

RC-64 II will be swapped out and replaced with one RF7 II - center channel which will be centered between the side walls. A Mid Atlantic or Sanus rack will be place on the right or left side of the center RF7 II and will hold both amps, the Denon X-5200W, the Monster Power, PS4, Amazon FireTV and External TV tuner. Wires will be hidden.
36_zpsnvhgfvl4.jpg

RF-7 IIs front main channel (will be moved closer to the screen), RB-81 II front height channel (will be right over the front mains), RB-81 II front wide channel (I will build a shelf on the side walls somewhere between the front subs and the side surrounds to hold these) and R-115SW front subs (will remain in the front corners of the room). Wires will be hidden.
35_zpsouipw8gs.jpg

RF-7 IIs - side surround channels and R-115SW rear subs (will remain in the rear corners of the room). Wires will be hidden.
38_zpsft7khwfa.jpg

RB-81 IIs - rear surround channels. Wires will be hidden.

37_zpst5coin2l.jpg

Edited by Tonycpa
  • Like 1

Hi guys,   I'm new to the forum, so I hope this is the right thread/sub-forum. Enjoy your weekend.

Tonycpa,

Welcome to the forum.

Klipsch Reference Series II 11.4 collection: 4 Klipsch R-115SW powered subwoofers 1 Klipsch RF-7 II center speaker (it replaced the RC-64 II center speaker shown in the photos) 2 Klipsch RF-7 II front speakers 2 Klipsch RF-7 II side surround speakers 2 Klipsch RB-81 II front wide surround speakers 2 Klipsch RB-81 II front height surround speakers 2 Klipsch RB-81 II rear surround speakers

You are not playing around with that speaker system. :o  :emotion-21:  

You are going to need some serious amplification for all those speakers.

I am waiting until my new ATI Signature Series amps arrive (AT 6005 and AT4006)

I see you have that more than covered.

You are in for a real treat.

Have fun,

Bill

Edited by willland
  • Like 1

Do the effects speakers have to be directly above the two Fronts?

Can you experiment with putting the Fronts in the Front Corners and angling them toward the sweet spot and move the sub woofers a few feet in front of them and angled or even closer to the center inside of the Front speakers.

I like using the 4 corners of the room for the speakers F and R.

Just a thought if you like to experiment.

Nice gear

• Like 1

Hi guys,   I'm new to the forum, so I hope this is the right thread/sub-forum. Enjoy your weekend.

Tonycpa,

Welcome to the forum.

Klipsch Reference Series II 11.4 collection: 4 Klipsch R-115SW powered subwoofers 1 Klipsch RF-7 II center speaker (it replaced the RC-64 II center speaker shown in the photos) 2 Klipsch RF-7 II front speakers 2 Klipsch RF-7 II side surround speakers 2 Klipsch RB-81 II front wide surround speakers 2 Klipsch RB-81 II front height surround speakers 2 Klipsch RB-81 II rear surround speakers

You are not playing around with that speaker system. :o  :emotion-21:  

You are going to need some serious amplification for all those speakers.

I am waiting until my new ATI Signature Series amps arrive (AT 6005 and AT4006)

I see you have that more than covered.

You are in for a real treat.

Have fun,

Bill

Thanks Bill. I originally bought the RC-64 II for the center channel but the guys in the Klipsch owner's thread on another forum told me since I have room behind my screen for another RF-7 II that would be even better. So, I ordered it and it should be here tomorrow. 

I will gift the RC-64 II to my father along with my old Denon receiver. He is retired now and has been hinting he could use a quality speaker.

Yes, they will benefit from separates. I have been a fan of home theater for over 30 years (I'm 46 now). So, I am at a point where I am building my dream system. I have always used receivers up to now. I spent close to a hundred hours researching over 18 amp brands with the help of the Klipsch fans I mentioned earlier. I recently determined that I will go with the ATI Morris Kessler Signature Series amps...the AT 6005 (to power the 5 RF7-IIs) and the AT 4006 (to power the 6 RB-81 IIs). 

I found one authorized dealer for the ATI amps that has the 6000 series amp listed at a discount from MSRP and he confirmed the 4000 series either hasn't been manufactured yet or will begin soon. He said check back in a few weeks. I am looking to buy by the end of Feb. So, if any of you guys can point me in the right direction as to where to get these amps for a percent of MSRP or can advise on the best time of year to get deep discounts (i.e. Black Friday, after Black Friday, Christmas, before the Superbowl, after the Superbowl, etc), that would be greatly appreciated!

Welcome to the forum Tonycpa

What are your room dimensions? Any acoustic treatments?

I believe 20' x 20'. Haven't measured everything in a while but I measured most of the speaker positions last year when I bought the subs and ran Audyssey. Once the amps arrive (end of Jan/beginning of February) I will measure everything out once again and re-run Audyssey.

I just swapped out a 9.1 JBL Studio Series collection for the Klipsch Reference Series II collection.

JBL:

1 JBL S-Center speaker

2 JBL S412P front speakers

2 JBL S38 side surround speakers

2 JBL S36 front height surround speakers

2 JBL S36 rear surround speakers

I did not feel the need for professional acoustic treatments when I was using the JBL system for the last 15 years but I did pay attention to some basic tips and tricks for dealing with reflections in the theater such as:

1) Centered the recliners between the side walls about two-thirds the distance between the front and rear walls.

2) Installed blackout drapes on one wall.

3) Placed an area rug over the tile floor.

4) Bookshelves on both side walls near the back of the theater.

5) I also set-up the system using Audyssey room correction technology.

There are several others objects in the room that address room acoustics as well.

Edited by Tonycpa

Welcome to the forum.  You have a nice set of speakers and continue to post with questions. :)

Thank you.

Welcome to the money pit!

Thanks.

Do the effects speakers have to be directly above the two Fronts?

Can you experiment with putting the Fronts in the Front Corners and angling them toward the sweet spot and move the sub woofers a few feet in front of them and angled or even closer to the center inside of the Front speakers.

I like using the 4 corners of the room for the speakers F and R.

Just a thought if you like to experiment.

Nice gear

Thank you.

No the front heights don't have to be directly above the front channels. I used to have my JBL towers just inside the front heights. 

With the 11.4 speaker config I am running now though...I want the 4 subs in the corners facing each other as I have them now. Also, I moved my front towers out a little (closer to the walls) and not behind the projection screen. This happens to place them almost directly under the front heights which is what is suggested in the Denon owner's manual. Also, I don't believe I would want to put my front mains in the corner of the room because I have front wide speakers that are angled in (at an angle between 55-60 degrees from my center speaker as measured from my recliners). A lot of times, when watching TV, playing games, or listening to music I set my processor to play through all 15 speakers (in other words not sending surround signals). So, I don't want the front mains and front wides so close together. 

Same thing with the side surrounds. I'll keep them at a 90 degree angle to the recliner with the rear subs in the corner. That way the side RF7 IIs aren't so close to my rear surrounds. Even though I call them surrounds, as I mentioned above, I often set the Denon X-5200W to play all the speakers simultaneously.

Lastly, last year when I purchased the 4 subs I found the best bass for my room was to have each of them corner loaded. I spent a lot of time researching bass management techniques and playing with the different sub positions.

EDIT:

I did some further research on toeing in and found two studies, one done by Klipsch, regarding the benefits of placing the main speakers wide and toeing in. 

Source:

file:///C:/Users/Tony/Downloads/DOPE%20from%20HOPE%20Toe%20In.pdf

http://libinst.com/PublicArticles/Setup%20of%20WG%20Speakers.pdf

Based on this research and your suggestion, I will move the front main RF-7 IIs to a wider 30 degree angle from the center speaker, as measured from the recliner, and toe them in as described in the studies.

Thanks for the suggestions. I appreciate the input.

Edited by Tonycpa

Welcome Tony….I see you made the migration from AVS to here….many have, me included. I think you'll like this place, many knowledgeable people on here. As our friend Boxx would say….post often :D

Yes. You can never get enough useful advice. The more friends I have offering tips and tricks the better off I will be. 

For those of you that use RF-7IIs as your side surround speakers...

1) How far from the side wall is the rear of your RF7 II?
2) Where there any constraints that forced you to locate your speaker at that distance (i.e. maybe your room is not very wide, so you were forced to place the speaker closer to the side wall then you would have preferred)?
3) Why did you choose that distance: a) personal preference, generally accepted distance by forum members, and/or c) manufacturer's recommendation?

For those of you that use RF-7IIs as your center and/or main front speakers...

1) How far from the front wall is the rear of your RF7 II?
2) Where there any constraints that forced you to locate your speaker at that distance (i.e. maybe your room is not very deep, so you were forced to place the speaker closer to the front wall then you would have preferred)?
3) Why did you choose that distance: a) personal preference, generally accepted distance by forum members, and/or c) manufacturer's recommendation?
Edited by Tonycpa

Hi guys,

I'm new to the forum, so I hope this is the right thread/sub-forum. Enjoy your weekend.

Klipsch Reference Series II 11.4 collection:

4 Klipsch R-115SW powered subwoofers

1 Klipsch RF-7 II center speaker (it replaced the RC-64 II center speaker shown in the photos)

2 Klipsch RF-7 II front speakers

2 Klipsch RF-7 II side surround speakers

2 Klipsch RB-81 II front wide surround speakers

2 Klipsch RB-81 II front height surround speakers

2 Klipsch RB-81 II rear surround speakers

Here is how they are set up right now. All the speakers are approximately where they will wind up. I am waiting until my new ATI Signature Series amps arrive (AT 6005 and AT4006), which should be by the end of January or early February, before I measure everything and run Audyssey. Too much work to do it twice.

Some things that will change in the photos below...
1) All wires will be cut to the right length and hidden once I determine where I will place the amps. Right now, I think they may go in a Mid Atlantic rack or Sanus rack which will be placed behind the screen in the center of the room next to my center channel speaker (which is in transit). I hope to receive suggestions from everyone regarding if I should go with a rack or amp stands, and where you guys think that should be located.
2) The RF7 II which I will use for my center channel will go behind the acoustically transparent Elite screen. It will be centered between the left and right walls. The Monster Power (bottom shelf, left side), Denon X-5200W (bottom shelf, middle), PS4 (top shelf, left side), Amazon FireTV and External TV Tuner (top shelf, right side) will be placed in the rack along with the two amps. The RC-64 II center speaker in the photo below, TV stand and old Denon AVR (bottom shelf, right side) will all be removed from the room.
3) The RF7 IIs that I am using for my front mains will be moved just a little closer to the screen than shown in the photos below (they are between a 22-30 degrees angle to the center speaker as measure from the recliners). The RB81 IIs used as front heights will be right above the front mains (as shown in the photo below). The R-115SW front subs will remain in the front corners of the room (as shown in the photos below).
4) I will build a shelf on the side walls to hold the RB81 IIs used as front wide speakers. So, they will be somewhere between by front subs and my side surrounds (at an angle between 55-60 degrees from my center speaker as measured from my recliners).
5) The RF7 IIs used as my side surrounds will stay where they are about two thirds of the distance from the front wall to the rear wall (slightly more than a 90 degree angle to the recliners). The R-115SW rear subs will remain in the rear corners of the room (as shown in the photos below).
6) The RB81 IIs used as my rear surround will stay as they appear in the photo below.

Any other suggestions are welcome.

RC-64 II will be swapped out and replaced with one RF7 II - center channel which will be centered between the side walls. A Mid Atlantic or Sanus rack will be place on the right or left side of the center RF7 II and will hold both amps, the Denon X-5200W, the Monster Power, PS4, Amazon FireTV and External TV tuner. Wires will be hidden.
36_zpsnvhgfvl4.jpg

RF-7 IIs front main channel (will be moved closer to the screen), RB-81 II front height channel (will be right over the front mains), RB-81 II front wide channel (I will build a shelf on the side walls somewhere between the front subs and the side surrounds to hold these) and R-115SW front subs (will remain in the front corners of the room). Wires will be hidden.
35_zpsouipw8gs.jpg

RF-7 IIs - side surround channels and R-115SW rear subs (will remain in the rear corners of the room). Wires will be hidden.
38_zpsft7khwfa.jpg

RB-81 IIs - rear surround channels. Wires will be hidden.

37_zpst5coin2l.jpg

Di'saronno and GSP add to the wonderful Klipsch set up!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

^^^Thanks.

I ordered 2 Power Sound Audio Dual 18" V3600i subs on Christmas Eve. They arrived today, so I thought I would share some updated photos with everyone (special thanks to all the guys in this sub-forum who helped me out with tips and tricks)...

One PSA V3600i resides in the back right corner of the room. The second is in the back left corner of the room. All 6 subs are hooked up with SVS Soundpath Interconnect cables. To the right of the sub, along the back wall is my fifth RF7 II that is waiting patiently to replace the RC-64 II as my center speaker.
39_zps4gglnn57.jpg
41_zpslvsinr1w.jpg
40_zpsig0o3pds.jpg

The 2 Klipsch R-115SW 15" subs that used to reside in the back corners of the room are now placed between (or inside) the 2 RF7 II front main speakers. This is the same location where my JBL S412P towers with built in subs used to be for the last 15 years or so. For the last year, I used those subs combined with 4 corner loaded R-115SW subs, so I am very familiar with these locations. Also, the height of the sub is a perfect fit underneath my AT screen.
45_zpszj3gsplo.jpg

Now, all 4 R-115SW subs reside along the front wall...two corner loaded, outside the 2 RF7 II front mains and the other 2 inside the front mains. So, once I replace the center channel speakers as noted above, from left to right, we will have the left corner loaded sub, the left front main, another sub, the center speaker, another sub, the right main and finally the right corner loaded sub. I ordered a Mid Atlantic rack (in transit), so once that arrives I can remove the TV stand and place all the equipment in the rack in the back of the room and replace my center channel speaker as mentioned above.
44_zpssdmvp3rd.jpg

My Bell'O SP200 36" speaker stands arrived. So, I was able to place my RB-81 II front wide surrounds on them. Those speakers are angled in toward the primary listening position. In the last photos I posted they were temporarily sitting on the corner subs.
42_zpsqxlk8zlq.jpg

The front mains have now been moved out and angled in. They reside under the front heights as shown below. This will leave only the RF7 II center channel sitting behind the AT screen.
43_zpskysw1gfw.jpg

Much, much more still to come. Including wire/cable management which will be addressed using the following techniques: 
a) Legrand cable raceways will be used to conceal both rear surrounds and both front height surrounds from shelf to floor, Epson Power cord & HDMI cable and the Elite Screen power cord;
Electriduct 2" split wire tubing will be used behind the Mid Atlantic AV rack. There will be five separate 5' lengths to group each of the following and keep them apart from one another: 1) power cords, 2) speaker wire, 3) interconnects, 4) HDMI/Video cables and 5) ethernet cables;
c) Velcro one-wrap thin self-gripping ties to separate the wires/cables (as described above) wherever they are not visible; and
d) Gaffer Power professional premium grade gaffer tape to separate the wires/cables (as described above) wherever they are visible.

I hope everyone has a very Happy New Year! Thanks for all the help. I appreciate it.
Edited by Tonycpa
  • Like 3

Wow, really nice setup Tony.

I've just started playing around with a 5.2 system in my shop. Started with a pair of MCM 1900 stacks for the fronts. A dinky little KG 3.2 for the center until I can find a suitable replacement. Lastly, I'm using a pair of Klipschorns for the surrounds and a couple of PSA v1800 subs.

Ive got a pretty large space to fill at 14,000 cubic feet, so will probably need to add 2 more v1800 or a v3600 in the future.

post-40233-0-91760000-1451708729_thumb.j

• Like 4

• dtel pinned this topic